Reef-Pi / RoboTank / Jebao Wave Makers

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goals are similar. Yes the pumps can be slaved but I would be locked into a specific feed cycle, seahorses are slow eaters 10 minutes not enough I would prefer to manually hit A feed mode button on Robo tank and skimmer, pumps etc would shut off, then hit a resume or have a default timer of say 60 minutes kick everything back in incrementally as programmed.

I also am hoping to have 3 or 4 pumps circulating water and be able to program them in different combinations throughout the day to change up the flow
I'm going to have a system to do exactly this and more, the feed button could even be mechanical or a clicker on the screen.

Bmartindale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use reef-pi to control them, I think one could get creative with light modes and setup decent patterns but yeah not ideal, I would have thought Apex would definitely have full wave maker control, I'll definitely be getting to that at some point.

For your Jebao's you can remove the 3 pin plug like the picture above. With a volt meter you can determine what the wires are for, there will be one ground, +24v and the signal. As you adjust the controller you'll see a change of voltage on the signal wire. Once you know you can add a 2.1mm DC barrel socket to the Ground and +24v so you can use the power supply that came with the Jebao and then connect the signal and the same DC ground to controller.

For feed mode if you're willing to do it manually or via a timer reef-pi can do such a thing using a macro, you can have it turn on/off different equipment, pause X number of minutes and resume. You do need to consider other schedules setup, especially if turning things off for maintenance as they could turn something back on.
Spot on. I plan to do feed mode as described. And also use the pwm lighting control. I think these are only 0-5 v so I can put a cap at %50 for that channel. Thank you for posting this.

Bmartindale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot on. I plan to do feed mode as described. And also use the pwm lighting control. I think these are only 0-5 v so I can put a cap at %50 for that channel. Thank you for posting this.
Also, I’m not trying to use wave modes. Just on off and maybe lower speed at night.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah be sure to check if max signal voltage is only 5v, my older wp-10 are only 0-5v but it seems the newer ones are 0-10v, at least the ones with jacks are. If you set the pump on high and check voltage on signal you'll see the max.

Bmartindale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah be sure to check if max signal voltage is only 5v, my older wp-10 are only 0-5v but it seems the newer ones are 0-10v, at least the ones with jacks are. If you set the pump on high and check voltage on signal you'll see the max.
I believe if I use this unit I will be good to go.

ConnivingPigeon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the SLW-10 also is gnd, +24v and then a (either) 0-5v and 0-10v signal? How much current does the signal line need to sink?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the SLW-10 also is gnd, +24v and then a (either) 0-5v and 0-10v signal? How much current does the signal line need to sink?
I don’t think the technology changed from earlier versions only the shape

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likely is. If you check the pins coming from it's controller in various patterns you should be able to determine what's what. First keep the signal off to the power head so you can find the ground and +24v then adjust the speed to verify the signal. It'll be 5v or 10v max. Type of signal you can try either PWM or Analog, it'll just flicker if it's the wrong type being used. Current on signal will be very low, in the mA's.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back