reef-pi web server

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Does any one know what web server reef-pi runs on? I'm trying to install php on the Pi but that typically goes with Apache, I know reef-pi doesn't use that so what does it use so I can figure out how to install php.

Lazys Coral House
OP
robsworld78

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
@robsworld78 reef-pi runs its own web server. The server is entirely written in go. It does not use nginx,apache or something like that, we typically use with python or ruby base software.
That's why I couldn't find anything about it, I thought I saw Node mentioned in a document. Is there any way to connect from javascript frontend?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That's why I couldn't find anything about it, I thought I saw Node mentioned in a document. Is there any way to connect from javascript frontend?
yeah, use the API. the current front end is written in react and connects to the backend. I have also enable CORS recently from another web developer's request. This will allow you to use the API from other javascript front ends

OP
robsworld78

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
yeah, use the API. the current front end is written in react and connects to the backend. I have also enable CORS recently from another web developer's request. This will allow you to use the API from other javascript front ends
Ha, didn't even think of the API yet I've told many about it. Thanks, I'll check it out.

BIG TANKS VERSUS SMALLER TANKS...WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

• BIGGER

Votes: 633 75.9%
  • smaller

Votes: 157 18.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 44 5.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors