REEF PRO FULLY QUARANTINED FISH AND INVERTS NOW AVAILABLE!! We got Blotchy's! Best Price EVER!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REEF PRO FULLY QUARANTINED FISH AND INVERTS NOW AVAILABLE!!

REEFPROSTORE.COM

All specimens are put through a minimum of 14 day extensive Quarantine Protocol
CLICK HERE To Learn More about our quarantine protocol and the Importance of Acquiring Quarantined Specimens.

Regal 3.jpg
Ventralis M 2.jpg
Roseband SuperMale final.jpg
Bellus Female.jpg
Rose Band Super Male 3.jpg
Regal 2.jpg

Reef Pro Quarantined Fish Review Thread

BLOTCHY ANTHIAS AVAIALBLE! BEST PRICE GUARANTEED !

BLOTCHY ANTHIAS (BORBONIUS) SMALL $299.99!!! FULLY QUARANTINED

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!
Blotchy Small Final .jpg

BLOTCHY ANTHIAS (BORBONIUS) LARGE $349.99!!! FULLY QUARANTINED

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!
Blotchy Medium 3.jpg
Blotchy Medium 2.jpg

All Inverts are held in a fish-less system for a minimum of 76 days!
Har 1.jpg
Cleaner.jpg
blood shrimp.jpg
Har pair2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Limited supply of blotchy 's available! BEST PRICE EVER! Fully quarantined

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you clarify how does a 14 day quarantine qualify as a full quarantine?
I've been reading about quarantine methods and I have not come across a protocol that claims full quarantine in just 14 days. What i have seen is 28 days minimum.
Could you share the references?
I've been doing 28 days copper and 14 days observation on my own (following the protocol of a popular Dr around here). the rest of my fish have been purchased from a vendor that advertises a 30 day quarantine protocol.
It's great to see more quarantined fish options but I'm not sure if the fully quarantined claim is accurate here.

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading about quarantine methods and I have not come across a protocol that claims full quarantine in just 14 days. What i have seen is 28 days minimum.
I've been doing 28 days copper and 14 days observation on my own (following the protocol of a popular Dr around here). the rest of my fish have been purchased from a vendor that advertises a 30 day quarantine protocol.
It's great to see more quarantined fish options but I'm not sure if the fully quarantined claim is accurate here.

+1 on above. I QT for 30 days with 2.5ppm copper + 2 rounds of Prazipro & 14 days of observation. Would be curious to understand above statement?

OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be glad to explain our philosophy. As a hobbyist, there is a level of possible fluctuation and error that can occur during the quarantine process. That is why people recommend a 30 days quarantine protocol. This is due to the possibility of the levels dropping below the therapeutic range; there is still enough time in the quarantine to irradiate the parasites. However, on a commercial scale, as we are doing it, we have over 20 years of experience and are able to make sure the medication levels never fluctuate. Given marine ich and velvet are irradiated with copper, there is no reason to keep a fish under medication for longer than needed. Keep in mind copper is a poison, plain and simple. Theoretically, the life cycle of the ich tomont where it actually stays on the fish's body is only a maximum of 8 days. Once the parasite falls off the fish to release more free swimmers, with the presents of copper in the water at such a high level, there is no way for reinfection.
On the other hand, marine velvet has an even faster lifecycle; the max life cycle velvet can live on the fish's body is approx 72 hrs. This is why velvet is so aggressive, due to its ability to replicate so quickly. The copper acts as an armor against the fish for reinfection. Species like fairy wrasses and anthias cannot tolerate a copper level of 2.5 ppm for more than 14 days. Many of them will develop bacterial infections as a result. In a perfect world, a fish should be clean of both of these parasites in 8 days under a copper level of 2.5 ppm. We use 14 days as a safety net to make sure nothing gets through. In terms of uronema and brook, we have found that the only reliable way of irradiation for both is formalin. We administer formalin baths upon arrival and will do additional baths as need be for certain species.

OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be glad to explain our philosophy. As a hobbyist, there is a level of possible fluctuation and error that can occur during the quarantine process. That is why people recommend a 30 days quarantine protocol. This is due to the possibility of the levels dropping below the therapeutic range; there is still enough time in the quarantine to irradiate the parasites. However, on a commercial scale, as we are doing it, we have over 20 years of experience and are able to make sure the medication levels never fluctuate. Given marine ich and velvet are irradiated with copper, there is no reason to keep a fish under medication for longer than needed. Keep in mind copper is a poison, plain and simple. Theoretically, the life cycle of the ich tomont where it actually stays on the fish's body is only a maximum of 8 days. Once the parasite falls off the fish to release more free swimmers, with the presents of copper in the water at such a high level, there is no way for reinfection.
On the other hand, marine velvet has an even faster lifecycle; the max life cycle velvet can live on the fish's body is approx 72 hrs. This is why velvet is so aggressive, due to its ability to replicate so quickly. The copper acts as an armor against the fish for reinfection. Species like fairy wrasses and anthias cannot tolerate a copper level of 2.5 ppm for more than 14 days. Many of them will develop bacterial infections as a result. In a perfect world, a fish should be clean of both of these parasites in 8 days under a copper level of 2.5 ppm. We use 14 days as a safety net to make sure nothing gets through. In terms of uronema and brook, we have found that the only reliable way of irradiation for both is formalin. We administer formalin baths upon arrival and will do additional baths as need be for certain species.
+1 on above. I QT for 30 days with 2.5ppm copper + 2 rounds of Prazipro & 14 days of observation. Would be curious to understand above statement?

OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 LARGE BLOCHY'S LEFT!!! THATS IT!
$349.99 BEST PRICE AROUND!
WHO'S GONNA BE THE LUCKY PERSON???!

Last edited:

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, I'll bite. This insinuates that hobbyists are prone to mistakes. You claim you're able to ensure levels don't drop below therapeutic levels more precisely than a hobbyist and that they never fluctuate. How?

Can you share some pictures of your facility? Is water shared between tanks? Are fish kept at normal sg levels?

OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'll bite. This insinuates that hobbyists are prone to mistakes. You claim you're able to ensure levels don't drop below therapeutic levels more precisely than a hobbyist and that they never fluctuate. How?

Can you share some pictures of your facility? Is water shared between tanks? Are fish kept at normal sg levels?
If you'd like to learn more about our quarantine process please click below:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back