Reef Pro Fully Conditioned Fish Review Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say that I made an order with @Reef Pro based on your experience because you are somewhat local to me and ordered somewhere around the same time(well, last year). so, coming into this i was expecting lack of communication but i rolled the dice due to their prices….

i made my order last week, and scheduled for delivery today. i ordered 3 fish, received 2 with no communication as to why. the invoice showed an X on the fish i was missing and “CR” which i assume means im getting a credit for it? shipping went fine(as in, the fish arrived on time),and the heat packs were good and water was at a reasonable temp inside the box. but right out of the box one fish looked DOA. on their site they say/imply sometime fish may “play” dead. so i followed acclimation to their instructions from their website. during drip acclimation the fish that looked DOA showed no signs of recovery. basically, in the bag it was floating on its side, breathing VERY slowly. but not swimming. during acclimation it was the exact same BUT did begin breathing normally, however it was still floating on its side. however now it would occasionally swim around but go back to floating(does this indicate swim bladder issues?) the second fish was breathing and moving fine in the bag but looked beat up. tattered. figured it was discolored due to shipping stress. after acclimation of both fish they were moved to an acclimation box for observation. again, first fish was floating yet breathing occasionally swimming normally to then float. second fish was swimming fine. few hours later, the first fish stopped breathing, and sank. second fish was fine, still swimming. now? it’s laying on its side not swimming or moving. but it’s breathing.

throughout the process i’ve been providing updates to @Reef Pro but i am worried they’ll respond once both fish die. i hope to not be “compensated” with store credit because i would hate for the next order to end up the same way…and the other reason other than affordability, that i went with them was because i am planning a tank transfer/upgrade down the road so i could’ve used this tank to QT anything while i setup the other
Sorry to hear about the condition of the fish you received. Luckily, my fish were fine when they arrived. My issue was communication. Hopefully you get refunded instead of getting a credit.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry to hear about the condition of the fish you received. Luckily, my fish were fine when they arrived. My issue was communication. Hopefully you get refunded instead of getting a credit.
i don’t usually buy into the credit stuff because they still can’t guarantee i’m going to get a conditioned fish.

is the credit going to cover another shipment of the ordered fish? we’ll have to see :disappointed-face: :confused-face:

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don’t usually buy into the credit stuff because they still can’t guarantee i’m going to get a conditioned fish.

is the credit going to cover another shipment of the ordered fish? we’ll have to see :disappointed-face: :confused-face:
If they replace the fish by sending replacements, you’ll probably have to pay shipping again.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I want to say that I made an order with @Reef Pro based on your experience because you are somewhat local to me and ordered somewhere around the same time(well, last year). so, coming into this i was expecting lack of communication but i rolled the dice due to their prices….

i made my order last week, and scheduled for delivery today. i ordered 3 fish, received 2 with no communication as to why. the invoice showed an X on the fish i was missing and “CR” which i assume means i'm getting a credit for it? shipping went fine(as in, the fish arrived on time), and the heat packs were good and water was at a reasonable temp inside the box. but right out of the box one fish looked DOA. on their site they say/imply sometime fish may “play” dead. so i followed acclimation to their instructions from their website. during drip acclimation the fish that looked DOA showed no signs of recovery. basically, in the bag it was floating on its side, breathing VERY slowly. but not swimming. during acclimation it was the exact same BUT did begin breathing normally, however it was still floating on its side. however now it would occasionally swim around but go back to floating(does this indicate swim bladder issues?) the second fish was breathing and moving fine in the bag but looked beat up. tattered. figured it was discolored due to shipping stress. after acclimation of both fish they were moved to an acclimation box for observation. again, first fish was floating yet breathing, occasionally swimming normally to then float. second fish was swimming fine. few hours later, the first fish stopped breathing, and sank. second fish was fine, still swimming. now? first fish is dead and the second is laying on its side not swimming or moving. but it’s breathing.

throughout the process i’ve been providing updates to @Reef Pro but i am worried they’ll respond once both fish die. i hope to not be “compensated” with store credit because i would hate for the next order to end up the same way…and the other reason other than affordability, that i went with them was because i am planning a tank transfer/upgrade down the road so i could’ve used this tank to QT anything while i setup the other

no response yet and both fish have died :/

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

i made my order last week, and scheduled for delivery today. i ordered 3 fish, received 2 with no communication as to why. the invoice showed an X on the fish i was missing and “CR” which i assume means im getting a credit for it? shipping went fine(as in, the fish arrived on time),and the heat packs were good and water was at a reasonable temp inside the box. but right out of the box one fish looked DOA. on their site they say/imply sometime fish may “play” dead. so i followed acclimation to their instructions from their website. during drip acclimation the fish that looked DOA showed no signs of recovery. basically, in the bag it was floating on its side, breathing VERY slowly. but not swimming. during acclimation it was the exact same BUT did begin breathing normally, however it was still floating on its side. however now it would occasionally swim around but go back to floating(does this indicate swim bladder issues?) the second fish was breathing and moving fine in the bag but looked beat up. tattered. figured it was discolored due to shipping stress. after acclimation of both fish they were moved to an acclimation box for observation. again, first fish was floating yet breathing, occasionally swimming normally to then float. second fish was swimming fine. few hours later, the first fish stopped breathing, and sank. second fish was fine, still swimming. now? first fish is dead and the second is laying on its side not swimming or moving. but it’s breathing.

i want to come back to this and say they have definitely rectified the unfortunate event that transpired the first go around. i received store credit which i used to pay for the two fish and shipping. for the next go around, i’ll have to pay for the third fish and shipping since the store credit wasn’t enough and the fish wasn’t in stock. hopefully we don’t have to go through this again :(. but the two fish arrived well (what a relief!), acclimated well, and we’re eating by the end of work day. now it’s just observation :)

i do want to apologize for not being a more understanding in the matter, and patient! i was just frustrated with how they originally arrived and the lack of communication. perhaps it was during a time of influx/heavy traffic and that delayed the communication?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back