Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

Big Dog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have last years 165 P and used the app download to control it using our tablet.
I had to send it in for a repair, so I had to erase all of my email and files.

When can I get the android, controller app again, as I don't see it on Reef Radiance's website ?

Regards,
Kevin

apps - Reef Radiance

Last edited:

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I click on the tab and it just starts a new webpage ?
And I don't get the,..."Smart Control App", that it reads in the manual ?

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smart controller app is the one you use to control the lights. Should be labeled dm165p

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you would be willing to help me over the phone, I'd appreciate your time and computer wiz.
Either call me or send me your number. I'll PM you with my number.

Update-

I believe I found the issue, and will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I don't know about computer wiz. Control alt delete and then I use a hammer. I've got an iPhone not to familiar with droid. But I think I remember somewhere you have to change settings to allow unregistered apps.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EVERYBODY,.......is better at computers than I am. lol
But, I did find out it was the problem like you just mentioned, so I think,....it's fine now.
Thanks !

kaoscoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has there been an update on the replacement controllers? The last communication had from Chars was on 11/13. I followed up on 12/23 to see if there was an update and I did not receive a response. On 01/07 I followed up again and this time I included Ricks e-mail and I have not heard anything back. Is there any update on this?

I, too, did not receive a response from Charles. I've been trying to get a replacement controller since last April.

Tpakiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed the middle of November...still no response and last I heard Rick and Co were busy with Black Friday and they'd get to us shortly.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone - we sent out an email in November and again in December to LUMENTEK customers as the factory asked us to do so. We put all responses we received in a file and forwarded this to the factory - mid December. We received 10 controllers and are testing them right now. In addition - since this has taken so long to resolve with the factory - we started the process of getting quotes on building our own controllers. This gives us two avenues to fix this once and for all. If you did not receive the email from us regarding any issues you might have with a LUMENTEK controller - please email me directly at [email protected] so we can forward the correct totals to the factory.

We really want this resolved as it has been going on for quite a while now.

Even though it has only happened to a very small percentage of customers who purchased a LUMENTEK led - it still is a pain the **s for those who have a light with an issue.

I am keeping a file personally - in addition to the file the service department keeps - so email me directly so we can track and resolve this at [email protected]

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
98.1 percent have worked perfectly since we started selling them - which is an amazing statistic for electronics.

And we have resolved almost all the ones that acted up.

A few more to go....

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll try here....been trying to a response to my email, and service request form....no response...Sent Monday the 12th ...Rick linboom....Chicago [email protected]

Hi Rick,

This is what it says on our site on the Service Request Form you filled out -I am assuming you missed this:

Generally we will respond to Service Request Forms within 72 hours - not including holidays and weekends- but sometimes we get busy and it takes a little longer.

You would have received a response by today - but Charles our Service Manager is off today - it is his birthday - and so you will get a response tomorrow.

We will get you fixed up and you can enjoy your aquarium and all its inhabitants.

Rick

chicagobears2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick,

This is what it says on our site on the Service Request Form you filled out -I am assuming you missed this:

Generally we will respond to Service Request Forms within 72 hours - not including holidays and weekends- but sometimes we get busy and it takes a little longer.

You would have received a response by today - but Charles our Service Manager is off today - it is his birthday - and so you will get a response tomorrow.

We will get you fixed up and you can enjoy your aquarium and all its inhabitants.

Rick

I saw that but , I was having problems uploading the video for the service form....I wasn't sure u were getting it or my msgs...U ever look into doing a auto reply msg....so people now if u got what they send ....just a thought ...thanks for replying...

repru04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my first light from reef radiance. I've been researching (procrastinating) and have been impressed with what I've heard. Wish me luck.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dm165e. The base model
3 units for a 180 gallon. Will hold Lps, sps and a few softies

I have two of the 165e on my 90 does great for everything currently running 35% white and around 85% blue corals growing great. I am running mixed reef heavy toward sps

chicagobears2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick - what problem are you having specifically?

Rick

Just got my light back today from being repaired by you guys..turned it on and the actinic( blue leds) went out again after 10min..same problem why they were sent in to be repaired...REALLY frustrated

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back