Reef Raft (RR) Jaw Dropper Acro

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of heated opinions on this thread. RRs Jawdropper should be renamed RRs Riot Starter Acro. LOL

*Don't pay attention my poorly placed and timed signature.

Last edited:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Jaw Dropper

It's my last coral that I would buy.
I got my private source already, just wants to see who has one in their tank and if it holds the original colors.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the dealio.. Anyone know if it holds it's color?
Most of the frags that came in were browned out but that was about 6 weeks ago. I have since seen 6 frags in 5 different systems (one system has 2 in it) and ALL frags are either orange, or turning orange. One has all blue polyps while the others have some polyps that are blue and others that are turning blue. My own personal piece is beginning to color and grow nicely...I'm excited!

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the frags that came in were browned out but that was about 6 weeks ago. I have since seen 6 frags in 5 different systems (one system has 2 in it) and ALL frags are either orange, or turning orange. One has all blue polyps while the others have some polyps that are blue and others that are turning blue. My own personal piece is beginning to color and grow nicely...I'm excited!

I'm constantly amazed that the people that buy this stuff can't take pictures. Blows my mind.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm constantly amazed that the people that buy this stuff can't take pictures. Blows my mind.

But I've yet to hear anyone complain about what they got.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right!
But the folks that sell them sure are good at taking pictures.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Corals come from Australia to the states with excellent color. Somehow, when they are trans-shipped from Canada they mysteriously look like crap :loco:

But I've yet to hear anyone complain about what they got.

If I received some of the frags pictured here for big $$ I would challenge my credit card payment.

At some point these $1k frags must be called out. No one has color like the original photoshopped pics.

Last edited:

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why more people aren't posting pictures of them. I wanted this coral for a while and started a thread just to document growth. I'm more than happy with the growth and color I've gotten in only a few weeks. The price has little to do with it for me. If anything the price takes away from what a cool coral this really is. I think some day this will be a classic coral than can be had for a much lower price but I wanted it now and I'm happy I got one when I had the chance. It reminds me of when the my Miami chalice came out I really wanted one for a few years before the price came down to where I could buy one but I've got one now and love it just as much as whin they were going for more than the Jaw Dropper.

Not the best pic but the best I can do of my frag with my iphone

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith, price is relative. I can afford the price of the frag, but the misrepresentation for profit is my issue. Your frag looks better than what i have seen but still no where near original pic. I am always in the market for different sought after frags, but this whole hype scheme with lack of actual pics is disheartening. I've been in the hobby for a long time. Whenever there were big money frags being sold there was always real (quality) pics being posted in hobbyists tanks. Now I see frags for several hundred dollars selling with no real lineage, and no real pics. I call bluff!

Last edited by a moderator:

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicely done.
I don't understand why more people aren't posting pictures of them. I wanted this coral for a while and started a thread just to document growth. I'm more than happy with the growth and color I've gotten in only a few weeks. The price has little to do with it for me. If anything the price takes away from what a cool coral this really is. I think some day this will be a classic coral than can be had for a much lower price but I wanted it now and I'm happy I got one when I had the chance. It reminds me of when the my Miami chalice came out I really wanted one for a few years before the price came down to where I could buy one but I've got one now and love it just as much as whin they were going for more than the Jaw Dropper.

Not the best pic but the best I can do of my frag with my iphone

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith, price is relative. I can afford the price of the frag, but the misrepresentation for profit is my issue. Your frag looks better than what i have seen but still no where near original pic. I am always in the market for different sought after frags, but this whole hype scheme with lack of actual pics is disheartening. I've been in the hobby for a long time. Whenever there were big money frags being sold there was always real (quality) pics being posted in hobbyists tanks. Now I see frags for several hundred dollars selling with no real lineage, and no real pics. I call bluff!

I understand your point but with the ability to market a few frags to the entire country The likelihood that this will stop is slim. I was willing to pay what I paid for this coral and if a hand full of people are willing to pay the price and roll the dice the crazy priced corals will continue to show up. The upside to this is because of the prices everyone from divers to wholesalers are looking for a rare strange and out of the ordinary Corals to sell to crazy people willing to pay crazy prices.This eventually is good for hobbyist because overtime they're propagated and become available to more people. If it weren't for this happening in the states all these crazy corals would end up in Asia somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back