Reef Roid

stoneflier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Roid monthly according to the label. Target feed and broadcast balance.
My nitrates are 40 ppm. All other chemistry is fine. Wondering if the Nitrates are elevated due to Reef Roid?
Thanks

JordanS01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at an LFS and many people who use reef roids always ask why nitrates are high. I would recommend using it once a week only and before a water change.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Roid monthly according to the label. Target feed and broadcast balance.
My nitrates are 40 ppm. All other chemistry is fine. Wondering if the Nitrates are elevated due to Reef Roid?
Thanks
I have heard of people claiming reef roids raise their phosphate levels.

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use reef chili and phytoplankton mixed with saltwater to target feed....love it. My corals are all very happy and growing well. No nitrate problems. Every three days I also use Mysis shrimp for target feeding. My fish love that day!!

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it alot more the first year when my nutrients where lacking. This way I could ensure corals had additional food source. Now that nutrients are high and fish are producing more waste I feed a good amount every 7-10 days. I turn off the skimmer for 10 hours and also remove mechanical pad. Reef roids is pricey I want it in my corals mouth and not the skimmer so this seems to fuel the growth and I took the idea from others..

jace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree w/ what Ashish is saying. For me... at this stage and I know this sounds super wonky, reefroids target feeding (DENSE where it drops straight into the mouths) is barely raising my phosophates and nitrates. I honestly thing it's my lack of fish in the tank. In any instance, I have been tracking my phosphates daily (w/ the aforementioned I am at 2.5 nitrates salifer and 0.02-0.03 phosphates Hanna) once the additional fish I have in there do their thing w/ the natural waste I plan on going to just once a week.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much Reef roids will raise both (from my experience) if you do both target and broadcast feeding. Billy Pipes has a great video on target feeding, I tried his method and it works good but with my schedule I can't target feed daily so I broadcast feed via my auto feeders. A small spoonful with pellets for the fish is what I use now. I also supplement CoralVues EasySPS gel via doser 3ml day and I also dose 5ml CoralAmino weekly in my ATOs

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here.....like brand new newbie to the hobby. Does the target method shown in the video above work on bubble tips? what if their mouths arent open at the time you are feeding them? I didnt even know this was a thing, but I'm in love with my bubble tip coral and I want it to grow!

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here.....like brand new newbie to the hobby. Does the target method shown in the video above work on bubble tips? what if their mouths arent open at the time you are feeding them? I didnt even know this was a thing, but I'm in love with my bubble tip coral and I want it to grow!
It does work for BTA's. We so it about once a week with either Reef Rouds of Reef Frenzy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back