Reef roids is bad?

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is reef roids have certain bad effects on corals? I feel like everytime i use it. My corals gets small and almost close. I noticed that effect so many times that carries to so many days after its weird. My frogspawn is so small today comparing to what it was before using reef roids. I dont even target feed. I just broadcast it.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it usually doesn't have an adverse effect on corals -- although polyp retraction can indicate satiety. Corals often do extend when they're trying to feed.

How often are you feeding, and why? And what's your nutrient export system and NO3 and PO4 numbers?

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it usually doesn't have an adverse effect on corals -- although polyp retraction can indicate satiety. Corals often do extend when they're trying to feed.

How often are you feeding, and why? And what's your nutrient export system and NO3 and PO4 numbers?
So iv had a nutrient crash before 1 month ago. Where my phosphate, and nitrate were both. My tank is 4 months old. And going on 5 months in january.

I was a noob, still learning. I had my skimmer on, even changing socks regularly. That my nutrients dropped completely. Having caribsea rocks didnt help either as they sucked my phosphate, and nitrate.

Now i got 2 bottles of neophos, and nitrare one. Nitrate after dosing it few times and started feeding LRS frenzy and AB+. It never went back to 0.

I still get my phosphate sucked pretty easily if i dont test regulary and i dose to keep it in check.

Last changes i did to the tank, was increasing my alk which was at 6.9, and i increased in the matter of few days from 6.9 to 7.1. I did over 3 days. And i broadcasted phosphate 2 days ago when my phosphate was at 0.02, and didnt want it to go to 0 again. So i put half cup of neophos, and reef roids which bumped my phosphate to 0.06 from 0.02

Thats the only changes i did to my tank. Light is the radion xr15 g5 running at 65%.

Flow i got 2 nero 3 running at different flow patterns 45%
My tank is 36 gallons with 18 gallons sump (with water volume of 48 gallons)
My skimmer is off, my socks are not on at this moment till my tank mature.

Iv had this frogspawn opening everyday. But those past 3 days. Its kinda heart breaking.

Magnesesium:1350
Alk: 7.7 after dosimg
Calcium: 400
Salinity: 1.025.

received_562961431979754.jpeg received_705749277663510.jpeg

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used reef roids for a few years without much issue. On the day I feed, if I try to target feed it I tend to get a lot of corals closed up but I think that is more to do with water being "pushed" at them and they don't like it. It could be just too much all at once. It definitely will increase your nutrient load if you don't have a good way to pull nutrients back out.

I'm not sure I understand how your nutrients are being removed. Do you have algae or carbon dosing with your skimmer? Also, what test kit are you using? Those are some very specific numbers! I would love to know, my test kits are much more broad numbers (API test kits lol)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back