Reef safe ich treatment

Luttky08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used polyp lab medic in their reef? Is it 100% "reef safe" I know they say it is but they aren't going to replace my thousands of dollars in coral if they all die. I have too much in my tank to take out. Is medic a good treatment? Thoughts on using this product?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Has anyone used polyp lab medic in their reef? Is it 100% "reef safe" I know they say it is but they aren't going to replace my thousands of dollars in coral if they all die. I have too much in my tank to take out. Is medic a good treatment? Thoughts on using this product?
I have and love the stuff. Understand that this is based on various salts and you must treat for 10 days but for me, it worked well.

OP
OP
Luttky08

Luttky08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have and love the stuff. Understand that this is based on various salts and you must treat for 10 days but for me, it worked well.
It got rid of ich and no change to corals? I have too much to lose so scared to try it.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It got rid of ich and no change to corals? I have too much to lose so scared to try it.
I did too- After losing $800+ in fish and tank full of coral (660G). . . I had to make the move. Now I have 2 bottles on hand.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does it help treat the fish in tank as well?
i treated this in my main display with 34 other fish in the tank and even inverts

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How many of your fish had ich symptoms? What type fish?
Mainly tangs. I had over 22 and bought A big powder blue which I knew better than to buy from the store I did. Within 3 days, all tangs and clowns had ich, some also velvet.
I used this plus Rally reef pro and all clear on day 4 of treatment although I continued another week. Did lose:
Chevron
achilles
sailfin
Chocolate

which I have replaced

660g 2.6.21c.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a huge fan. It is a peroxide salt and peroxides don't have a good record for eliminating disease without other bad side-effects. For example, I ran a study recently that showed that a 5 ppm dose of peroxide killed the nitrifying bacteria in a tank and caused an ammonia spike. Lower doses won't have that effect, but then, they also won't kill protozoans very well.

Jay

OP
OP
Luttky08

Luttky08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a huge fan. It is a peroxide salt and peroxides don't have a good record for eliminating disease without other bad side-effects. For example, I ran a study recently that showed that a 5 ppm dose of peroxide killed the nitrifying bacteria in a tank and caused an ammonia spike. Lower doses won't have that effect, but then, they also won't kill protozoans very well.

Jay
Thank you for your reply!

ash9965

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
So is there any reef safe Ick Treatment you recommend ??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back