Reef Saver Rock, Marco Rock & Other's, Detritus Farms ?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of who know me, I'm trying to come back again, we'll see. I just can't give up...
Anyway, I have a lot of the Bulk Reef Supply's rock, but with all of it's tiny, small and deep holes,...Detritus Farms ?
In years past with little, use of this type of rock with my real old true dense reef rock, every few days I'd use a small powerhead and turkey baster and blow out ton's (well, little exaggeration) to blow it out, but there was so much. The tanks were not loaded or over feeding.

Don't you have the same issue, creating filamentous algae's which can be a persistent a problem ?
I mean that's a lot of holes to hold detritus.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of who know me, I'm trying to come back again, we'll see. I just can't give up...
Anyway, I have a lot of the Bulk Reef Supply's rock, but with all of it's tiny, small and deep holes,...Detritus Farms ?
In years past with little, use of this type of rock with my real old true dense reef rock, every few days I'd use a small powerhead and turkey baster and blow out ton's (well, little exaggeration) to blow it out, but there was so much. The tanks were not loaded or over feeding.

Don't you have the same issue, creating filamentous algae's which can be a persistent a problem ?
I mean that's a lot of holes to hold detritus.
Yes stuff can get trapped in the holes , for me it’s mainly sand that can get stuck that needs to blow out. The small holes are occupied by pods , bristle worms , brittle stars , ect that keep it mostly clean

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back