Reef Spotlight - Nov/Dec 2009 - "SunnyX"

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sunny,

I have a couple questions to ask if you don't mind? My first is how did you come up with dosing 14 drops of MB7? Is this because of your bio load? I know the MB7 said to dose 1 drop per 50 gallons per day to maintain low nutrient. But... what is the benifit of dosing more? I want to follow in your foot steps on the low nutrient end of reefing but you dont really have anything on your site as to what your doses where to start you only have your daily doses or from what I have seen anyways. Sorry if I over looked it somewhere im just trying to get a little insight that's all. I really envy your reefkeeping skills and just would like to know more! Any future plans with this reef?

Hello,

I came up with 14 drops daily based on my observations. Please keep in mind that my dosage varies based on what I see in the tank.(Brown growth, excess bacteria, etc) Currently I am at 8 drops per day.

I say follow the dosing instructions on the bottle and adjust from there accordingly. Do you plan on dosing vodka in conjunction with MB7?

Seasonedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do plan on using vodka with mb7. From what I understand this helps feed and populate the good bacteria. Do you follow the vodka dosing chart on RC at all? or have you also formulated a regiment on your own with this aswell?

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do plan on using vodka with mb7. From what I understand this helps feed and populate the good bacteria. Do you follow the vodka dosing chart on RC at all? or have you also formulated a regiment on your own with this aswell?

I follow the dosing guide from RC in a past issue of Reefkeeping magazine. I am currently dosing at a maintenance level of 2.2ml vodka per day.

carlosR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late-comer to this thread but I really enjoy hearing from an experienced reefer who is not all about high-tech gadgets to save the day. I'm new to reef-keeping and not anti-tech but just feel that nature's way is best to emulate. Love the lights and colors. I will definitely switch out to T5's.
Beautiful set-up. Thanks for the inspiration.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CONGRATS Sonny on your aquarium making Coral Magazine! I think this ROTM deserves a Blast from the Past!

How about some update pics bro? :D

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha Thanks Rev! Here are some recent coral shots:

DSC_0283-1.jpg

DSC_0278-1.jpg

DSC_0275-1.jpg

DSC_0272-1.jpg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread I should old but I'm trying to read through some of the old totm articles. When I click the link and pic on the fist page it just takes me to reef2reef.com. Is there a way to access old totm threads? @revhtree

Back