Reef supplies out of stock???

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I don't understand is real estate. It is absolutely through the roof. Places that were not selling last year are fetching +100k and more. I thought people were unemployed? Double wides by me are going for $360k+ that last year would have sold for maybe $250k

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to a company today who is having the same issues.

Supply
*Limited production if open many manufacturers closed or retooled lines to produce ppe
*Completely closed the manufacturing due to covid
*International supply chains have been limited including parts
*delivery in the states are running into snags with everybody trying to ship at the same time reopening.
Different states have different rules this is causing issues.
All these and more are compounding

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talk to a lot of the lfs's by me. Most stores are having issues with supply as well as there are a bunch of people starting the hobby since their stuck at home all the time now. Although there is one store that is fully stocked and I have had an issue getting anything from them, idk why they have not been effected. I'm in south Florida.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon is making out very well during this pandemic.

It is amazing considering how inefficient they are. My wife ordered some border for her classroom. It would have fit in a oversized envelope. They sent it in a box that would fit a laser printer. Plus they sent it UPS 2 day. I don't know how much it cost them but that would have probably cost me $20 if I had tried to ship it, for a $3 item.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I don't understand is real estate. It is absolutely through the roof. Places that were not selling last year are fetching +100k and more. I thought people were unemployed? Double wides by me are going for $360k+ that last year would have sold for maybe $250k
The market has been good, the FED cut interest rates to ridiculously low levels, so much that the average 30 year fixed interest rate is averaging around 3% in most areas so your mortgage is substantially less if you buy now than 9 months ago.
The home price increases you’re seeing are the results of the bidding wars of eager buyers trying to flee urban covid hotspots, and real estate agents love a good bidding war.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is amazing considering how inefficient they are. My wife ordered some border for her classroom. It would have fit in a oversized envelope. They sent it in a box that would fit a laser printer. Plus they sent it UPS 2 day. I don't know how much it cost them but that would have probably cost me $20 if I had tried to ship it, for a $3 item.
Amazon gets huge shipping discounts due to volume

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The market has been good, the FED cut interest rates to ridiculously low levels, so much that the average 30 year fixed interest rate is averaging around 3% in most areas so your mortgage is substantially less if you buy now than 9 months ago.
The home price increases you’re seeing are the results of the bidding wars of eager buyers trying to flee urban covid hotspots, and real estate agents love a good bidding war.
This is the problem with most real estate agents, bidding wars are basically illegal as you either accept or deny, nobody knows what was offered so how would you know to offer more? Most agents are crooked as can be. I have one of the few honest ones which isn't helping as she refused to be crooked

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's another problem. The city dwellers are fleeing what they created just to create it in a small community all over again. It's just like in the movie the matrix.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I keep hearing the market in Vermont is awesome if you want to sell and people are moving up here fast, which doesn't really make sense unless the city folk were already thinking of moving up here, have the money and already have a job they can do from home. Many Vermonters I know would rather live where the taxes are less and the jobs are plentiful.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep hearing the market in Vermont is awesome if you want to sell and people are moving up here fast, which doesn't really make sense unless the city folk were already thinking of moving up here, have the money and already have a job they can do from home. Many Vermonters I know would rather live where the taxes are less and the jobs are plentiful.

Definitely a seller market. Certainly those people had been thinking of moving prior to moving, and the deal on the mortage interest was just a tipping point to convince them to get the heck out of what ever city they were in. People have also been exiting urban areas since they seem to be more Covid friendly, and with so many companies shifting to online you no longer need to live close to your company HQ. You can now live in a quiet rural/suburban area with a low/er covid infection rate.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to rely on BRS for everything but these days they are out of stock on 1/2 the things I need and shipping takes over a week. I still love them as a company but I usually can't (don't) wait that long. Premium Aquatics has been the best during this time so far and I've used the top 5 retailers.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble is always the biggest before it pops!
As soon as reality kicks in watch out for massive selling off of house and stocks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back