Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree or @Crabs McJones #mods is this how to enter? Thank you.

I found my little gem of a tank I started building completely from scratch on 01.01.16 I was happy to find the couple of pics I had of it. It was one of my favorite builds.

I ordered 4 panels of regular 24x24x18tall for the tank to become a 45 RR cube along with 2 panels of 4"x16"tall pieces and a 6"x16"tall for the center OF, however, I had the holes drilled because I wanted the holes in the bottom and bottom tempered.

I used schedule 80 bulkheads to match the holes drilled on the bottom panel from G.C. and the rest a combo of S-40 and tubing which went well.

The stand was simple and bare bones and I painted a mocha brown (stained the top & used a 1/2 mat to set tank on) and dressed it up with some purchased trim work from a DIY store and made a 30g tall from float glass with no fuge, but used a large CPR HOB which I hung on the side of the sump which. I build this while waiting for the panels that had come in and waited for the silicone to cure for 2 weeks. Yeah, I err on the side of caution. lol

Leak tested all on 01.31.16, cleaned well with RODI fresh and white distilled vinegar mix, air dried and added approx 10g of tank water from my 125g mixed as well as some of the LR, and LS.

A couple of days later I added a Radion XR15 to it and let the light ramp over a 3 week period, added my ORA platinum, her Mate which is Snowcassa, an LTA, BTA and a bit of coral.

I do not recall my return pump. Pretty sure it was an Eheim and an MP40 as my MP10 kept falling off because the glass was too thick...so I ran it at about 30%. ugh :eek:

I miss this one.

EDIT: @AlgaeBarn note the stickers on my fuge and front of the sump. :)

1910412_10208309214630789_4645319835473903598_n.jpg

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I found my little gem of a tank I started building completely from scratch on 01.01.16 I was happy to find the couple of pics I had of it. It was one of my favorite builds.

I ordered 4 panels of regular 24x24x18tall for the tank to become a 45 RR cube along with 2 panels of 4"x16"tall pieces and a 6"x16"tall for the center OF, however, I had the holes drilled because I wanted the holes in the bottom and bottom tempered.

I used schedule 80 bulkheads to match the holes drilled on the bottom panel from G.C. and the rest a combo of S-40 and tubing which went well.

The stand was simple and bare bones and I painted a mocha brown (stained the top & used a 1/2 mat to set tank on) and dressed it up with some purchased trim work from a DIY store and made a 30g tall from float glass with no fuge, but used a large CPR HOB which I hung on the side of the sump which. I build this while waiting for the panels that had come in and waited for the silicone to cure for 2 weeks. Yeah, I err on the side of caution. lol

Leak tested all on 01.31.16, cleaned well with RODI fresh and white distilled vinegar mix, air dried and added approx 10g of tank water from my 125g mixed as well as some of the LR, and LS.

A couple of days later I added a Radion XR15 to it and let the light ramp over a 3 week period, added my ORA platinum, her Mate which is Snowcassa, an LTA, BTA and a bit of coral.

I do not recall my return pump. Pretty sure it was an Eheim and an MP40 as my MP10 kept falling off because the glass was too thick...so I ran it at about 30%. ugh :eek:

I miss this one.

Love it!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I miss this one.

Captian, do you have a build thread for this one?

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Captian, do you have a build thread for this one?

I do, but it's on the Photobucket which is full and I have problems pulling any pics from it now...I guess it's the way the mop flops sometimes. argh

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, but it's on the Photobucket which is full and I have problems pulling any pics from it now...I guess it's the way the mop flops sometimes. argh
Create a build thread on here for us in the member tanks forum :)

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I need to reply to this because its very important to my current build. How are you keeping that arch together? Acrylic rods or some kind of cement? Nice scape by the way!

The arc has acrylic rods and mortar. The left end and the right end, I started with a rock that acted like a lock into the rest of my aquascape. Sifted through a bunch of rock, until I found two that were perfect receiving fit for the feet. ;)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a build thread on here for us in the member tanks forum :)

Okay, but this will be the only thing to show for it so I don't know if it would count......I started using Photobucket ~14 years back and have ~7,000+ pics with some awesome builds and tanks as well as personal stuff. It is full and they want money for prints and such...when I go to their site all I see are adds and up until about a month ago I could at least see some pics...now all I see are blue question marks. It is a shame to lose all these pics and I'm bummed about it.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The arc has acrylic rods and mortar. The left end and the right end, I started with a rock that acted like a lock into the rest of my aquascape. Sifted through a bunch of rock, until I found two that were perfect receiving fit for the feet. ;)

Ok great I figured some rod was in there. I have a bunch and am looking at doing something similar or an overhand that looks like a suspended piece over the bottom. Thanks for the info TK_KW!!!

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you start a build thread?

Thanks

Just go to the “Member Tanks” forum, click create thread, and document your build! Even if you’ve already gotten a start on your build, you can make one and just include as many photos of the progression as you can and some details about how you did things, why, what you hope to do, etc. and keep it updated. Once you peek around in the Member Tanks forum you’ll get a feel for things. :)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back