Reef tank in a Apartment

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200718_154340740.jpg

Oh wow... I would definitely not have space for that! I've got a simple RO buddy with a DI canister and an add'l chloramine filter, with a few giant rubber bands round the bundle of canisters.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit of back story. I currently have a 125 reef tank. I will be moving in about a month. Im going to downsize my tank for the time being in till i buy a house. What are you doing to mix saltwater and have ro on hand.looking for some advice on having a reef tank in a apartment, tips, and anything you wish you did?
I would think you will have a hard time finding a rental that will allow aquariums of any size.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gal with a sump in my apartment. Never had any issues over the last 3 years. Just like Jimbo, I have my RO mounted in the laundry room. Ran a Y fitting off the water hook up. Works great. I also recommend a 50' roll of RO tubing so u can run it to your tank without the need for buckets.

I also have a 30gal trash I can set up next to my tank for water changes. Run the 50' tubing to the trash can with a float, and bam, easy water changes.

OP
OP
A

Anexs97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gal with a sump in my apartment. Never had any issues over the last 3 years. Just like Jimbo, I have my RO mounted in the laundry room. Ran a Y fitting off the water hook up. Works great. I also recommend a 50' roll of RO tubing so u can run it to your tank without the need for buckets.

I also have a 30gal trash I can set up next to my tank for water changes. Run the 50' tubing to the trash can with a float, and bam, easy water changes.
that's really smart. right now on my 125 i have an apex that handles my water change. so having something easy like that is wonderful!

Patric1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit of back story. I currently have a 125 reef tank. I will be moving in about a month. Im going to downsize my tank for the time being in till i buy a house. What are you doing to mix saltwater and have ro on hand.looking for some advice on having a reef tank in a apartment, tips, and anything you wish you did?
I am running a 55 gal and 16 gal tank in my ground level apartment.. i have a pallet that i made up that stands above my toilet with my RODI equipment attached as i get my source thru the shower head which then drains the good water into a trash can on wheels which then i roll into the corner of my room where i have a heater and powerhead ready.

OP
OP
A

Anexs97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone! Just moved into my apartment and still getting everything in place. Plus I upgraded my tank to a red sea reefer 300xl! I will update everyone once I get my new tank set up!

OP
OP
A

Anexs97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates?!?!
Here is an update! Still working on the tank. My next upgrade is a cabinet for all of my apex equipment and storage. Figuring out how I want to run my ro tubing across my apartment to do auto water changes and for my mixing station. Would post pictures but don’t know how!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back