Reef tank looks horrible with Radions. Is it me, or the best it gets, or????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your eye sight isnt that sensative to see the actual difference, consider yourself lucky and go buy a flashlight to light your tank. You will save yourself a whole lot of money!!
Should I get a LED flashlight?

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't mean you should come on here saying everyone's dumb to like leds

I said, anyone else here as disappointing as I am after all the hype blowing around from all the LED users blowholes.

I never said anyone was "dumb". If anything I would be inclined to say they were brainwashed, but, hey, its their tank.

Last edited:

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said, anyone else here as disappointing as I am after all the hype blowing around from all the LED users blowholes.

I never said anyone was "dumb", they are brainwashed. Please get my insult correct.
Fair enough. All the whining in your post got me lost. Soo many tears haha. No brainwashing either, just preference. Lime I stated I have both and like LED and guess what, ya can't really change it. I'm not saying g blow hole anything about your opinion. Just come of like a child. More mature ways to communicate but I will say, it's entertaining
20210821_164108.jpg

Mmmmm the LED popping those colors.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never said anyone was "dumb", they are brainwashed. Please get my insult correct.
‘As disappointing as I am’. Freudian slip?

MediocreAtEverything

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No amount of suggestions is going to change the OP's opinions. They just want to complain and tell you how much better old technology is and now feel they have the "experience" to do so. My issue with T5's is simply that they look dull by themselves. MH fixtures are a massive eyesore and a heat generator. They obviously grow corals, but do not make colors "pop" like LED's. LED's work great as long as you get enough fixtures to cover your tank and don't mess with sliders constantly.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
T5 fixture with 4 Ai hydra in middle

I’m liking my setup you should try it

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No amount of suggestions is going to change the OP's opinions. They just want to complain and tell you how much better old technology is and now feel they have the "experience" to do so. My issue with T5's is simply that they look dull by themselves. MH fixtures are a massive eyesore and a heat generator. They obviously grow corals, but do not make colors "pop" like LED's. LED's work great as long as you get enough fixtures to cover your tank and don't mess with sliders constantly.

Read the title to my post "Reef tank looks horrible with Radions. Is it me, or the best it gets, or????"

The rest is fluff. You gonna answer the question above or just go on a worthless tangent like half the others in here?

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 fixture with 4 Ai hydra in middle

I’m liking my setup you should try it

I was trying to stay away from the heat an electricity usage, using LED (since I only paid $200 for the 2 G4's) but it looks like I may have to go to t5's at least.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At
I was trying to stay away from the heat an electricity usage, using LED (since I only paid $200 for the 2 G4's) but it looks like I may have to go to t5's at least.
200 money wouldn't shouldn't be a problem lol. You can make money on those and rain t5s onto yourself. You won't post a picture either to show us the issue or how they look on your tank. Also it's all opinions, no facts. So everyone is giving their opinion not tangents. Can't read? Most people are giving you their experience so you can try them for yourself, or different options they like. Not tangents, options.

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't like your Radions? throw 'em the trash
Moving on.....

Finally??

At

200 money wouldn't shouldn't be a problem lol. You can make money on those and rain t5s onto yourself. You won't post a picture either to show us the issue or how they look on your tank. Also it's all opinions, no facts. So everyone is giving their opinion not tangents. Can't read? Most people are giving you their experience so you can try them for yourself, or different options they like. Not tangents, options.

Like I said, the money part isnt the issue I am disappointed in.

So "Don't like your Radions? throw 'em the trash" is an opinion to my question in the subject line? Can "you" read?

I havnt shown a picture because A) Since what I have seen in pictures as far as Radions do not match what I see in person, how will my picture show YOU what I see in person? B) Tanks lights are out and C) I am dealing with a dying dog, worn out, not in the mood and her attention comes first.

Last edited:

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cost on these G4s was quite reasonable IMO, so I understand the 'What the heck, let's try them out' thing since they have a good reputation for growing coral and many people report that they like the spectrum once dialed in. But of course, buying any lighting type without seeing a representative example carries risk that it may not be for you.

For example, I remember quite a few of the positive reviews for the Kessil AP700 and I happened to visit a LFS when they first came in. We tried many different settings, but to my eyes no matter what we tried they just didn't measure up to what I find pleasing. Not saying these are bad by any means, just personally not for me.

Based on what I've read here, the OP would probably be happier with T5s as the primary lighting source and just adding a royal blue LED strip or two for a bit of 'shimmer & pop'.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might, if staying with leds which doesn’t seem wise for your taste, look for fixtures with lime and pc amber, like reefi has. Those colors work with the blue and give great rendition and add a huge amount of brightness to our eyes. For those who enjoyed the brightness of MH and feel most led tanks are dim, these give a huge brightness increase that helps replicate those fixtures.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He doesn't want this kinda advice guys. He wants to hear throw them away. Also options sorry bout your pup that does suck. I would have had that my first reason not 3rd just sayin

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might, if staying with leds which doesn’t seem wise for your taste, look for fixtures with lime and pc amber, like reefi has. Those colors work with the blue and give great rendition and add a huge amount of brightness to our eyes. For those who enjoyed the brightness of MH and feel most led tanks are dim, these give a huge brightness increase that helps replicate those fixtures.

If directed at me, I have a 6 year old DIY LED array that I would find very hard to replace with any commercial fixture as I've had plenty of time to tune it for my own personal tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back