Reef tank looks horrible with Radions. Is it me, or the best it gets, or????

Status
Not open for further replies.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow I read 3 pages of this before I realized he was talking about G4’s not G5’s and he only paid 200$ for both g4. Stop your complaining you got the deal of a lifetime there and many many people will take them off your hands if your not happy. G5 +ati hybrid user here

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the middle of nowhere. Not sure anyone in the general area has the combo's I am looking for. I guess I will need to search around and see.

My "now" tank is a 55 gallon but I will be moving to a 180(?) 72x24x24 . Decided to try the cheap G4's before going in too deep.
Cheap G4’s? In my neighborhood cheap G4’s still go for 400$ each….

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a diff between a whiner and someone confused getting an item that was touted as MH replacement and is not even close (in the 10k/15k spectrum at least), then, asking if anyone else feels the same while giving my opinion of them.

Did you catch the part where I paid nothing for them?

Looks like your comprehension failed you a few times.
I will pay you 300$ plus shipping for the pair when your ready to sell and get your dream lights . That’s 100$ over what you paid. Let me know.

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over 90 percent of his messages are about lighting. And most of his message history, is on this current thread
What does that got to do with anything? I have been reefing for over 10 years. I know most of the deal, if not all of it. This is the first thing I changed, that I was looking for the expected results everyone claimed since I started on this board.

I got thePilzon leds for $60 a pop. That was a waste of money on a trial run. Go find my messages on here about me complaining about them. Hint, you will not find any. Why? Because they were not touted by ALL to be the god send.

Would really like for the trolls to move and so I can get back to the basics of why I started this post. Does this board have a block button for trolls in threads/posts?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that got to do with anything? I have been reefing for over 10 years. I know most of the deal, if not all of it. This is the first thing I changed, that I was looking for the expected results everyone claimed since I started on this board.

I got thePilzon leds for $60 a pop. That was a waste of money on a trial run. Go find my messages on here about me complaining about them. Hint, you will not find any. Why? Because they were not touted by ALL to be the god send.

Would really like for the trolls to move and so I can get back to the basics of why I started this post. Does this board have a block button for trolls in threads/posts?
GIF by Leroy Patterson

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this board have a block button for trolls in threads/posts?
If it did, you would not be able to post.

No, led is not the same as halide. No one ever said that. Is it better? Is it worse? That depends what you are looking for and what you expect.

You've been offered a great price for the leds you hate. Maybe you can take that profit and use it for gas money, so you can afford to drive the 800 miles from the middle of no where.

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap G4’s? In my neighborhood cheap G4’s still go for 400$ each….
My USB inputs are flaky, I burned one of the diffuser lens's, one of the plastic vent fins missing a 3 vent chunk out of it and one of the LED bubble lens was melted by previous owner. I was thinking if I do sell, maybe $550-$650 area.

If they grow coral, thats fine. I need to find what works with them to make the tank "look" good (to me). Kessil, G5's, all of the above???

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My USB inputs are flaky, I burned one of the diffuser lens's, one of the plastic vent fins missing a 3 vent chunk out of it and one of the LED bubble lens was melted by previous owner. I was thinking if I do sell, maybe $550-$650 area.

If they grow coral, thats fine. I need to find what works with them to make the tank "look" good (to me). Kessil, G5's, all of the above???
wait, the radion gen 4s are damaged?

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hold up... stop the presses... all this brouhaha... all this sniveling... all this whining... and you're basing all of this off of your experience with a couple of busted up lights you bought second hand at a flea market?!

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up... stop the presses... all this brouhaha... all this sniveling... all this whining... and you're basing all of this off of your experience with a couple of busted up lights you bought second hand at a flea market?!
LOL wait so the lights were broken this whole time , I just can’t , apples to oranges

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I burned one of the diffuser lens's... and one of the LED bubble lens was melted by previous owner.
Sounds like more than one lens on one led. It's important to keep the troll straight. I mean, at least make it challenging for the folks in the back of the room. You're starting to remind me of the one guy from Tropic Thunder.

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like more than one lens on one led. It's important to keep the troll straight. I mean, at least make it challenging for the folks in the back of the room. You're starting to remind me of the one guy from Tropic Thunder.
Take it to PM if you have an issue from here out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back