Reef Tank MK2

SwanseaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

i used to have a reef tank but life got a bit in the way so had to shut it down. i now have a bit more spare time now so have ordered another tank to get back into the hobby. i have ordered a tmc reef habitat 90 about 45 gal and was hoping i could get some help/pointers on what would be a good base of equipment to get me going. i have watched and read up some info but you cant beat peoples experience. also with regards to supplementing what are the best that i could use. any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks Andrew

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not be the most popular opinion here, but for powerheads and return pumps look into Jebao. They make a few different style power heads depending on you preference and their DC return pumps are great. You can spend $300- $500 ea for Maxspect or Ecotech MP powerheads, but why bother when they die in the same time frame. I know I've owned both and have experienced higher failure rate from the high end products. Skimmer wise you have a ton of options. On the Budget side there is Simplicity DC Skimmers, otherwise there is also Reef Octopus, Red Sea, NYOS... It is hard to go wrong if you get a major band they are all decent. For lighting your choice of LED look at Ecotech Radion, Red Sea, AI Hydra's, Neptune Sky, Reefi... There are plenty of others but that gives you a start.

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the supplements don't get too caught up in those a lot are just a waste of your money. What are your questions regarding supplements?

OP
OP
S

SwanseaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the list i have so far is

Tank - Tmc reef 90
Filter - Clarisea 3000
Skimmer - nyos 120
Lights- 2X Ai Prime 16hd reef
Uv steriliser -evolution aqua 25w
Return pump - auto medic dc runner 3000lph
Flow - auto medic smart drift 10500 L/H

but this was a rough list.

with regards to supplements just the basic Ca,Mg,Kh but not sure on any brands i was using red sea coral salt i remember that from last time but ther are hundreds to choose from. thanks for the reply

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For you filter roll check out the red sea reefmat 500 that just came out . I've got the 1200 on my tank and it is awesome it communicates via the reefbeat app and it can be programmed as to how much advance you want on the roll and other options. If you plan on doing much SPS you may want to go with a radion xr 15 or something with a little more power than the ai primes. The rest ofyour list looks pretty solid the Automedic smart drift looks to be similar to the AI Nero. I dose B-ionic two part and don't have any issues with it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back