Reef Tank Regret of the Week!

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're like me you are a tank tinkerer. Not a week goes by that I don't do something, add something, change something and pretty much every week I do something, usually minor, that I regret doing or buying or changing or... you get it.

This week it was putting Ulva in my fuge. I've spent the last four days unblocking the overflow to my skimmer chamber.

What's your regret of the week?

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're like me you are a tank tinkerer. Not a week goes by that I don't do something, add something, change something and pretty much every week I do something, usually minor, that I regret doing or buying or changing or... you get it.

This week it was putting Ulva in my fuge. I've spent the last four days unblocking the overflow to my skimmer chamber.

What's your regret of the week?
Not getting enough sleep last night BUT I was in R2R and signed up for the Stealth Sump contest!!

ReefNoobie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An unexpected salinity drop over maybe 30hrs that killed one bta and another prized black widow. Yesterday was a rough day coming home to that.

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago, I used too much water weld, skimmer went crazy, overflowed and put a nasty salt and crap spray over everything inside the stand like the day after I cleaned. Really worried about the electronics when this happens.

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago, I used too much water weld, skimmer went crazy, overflowed and put a nasty salt and crap spray over everything inside the stand like the day after I cleaned. Really worried about the electronics when this happens.
I forget to shut off my skimmer when I feed phyto or calanus. I usually feed it late and then leave the skimmer off overnight. I forget 1 out of 4 times I'm sure.

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An unexpected salinity drop over maybe 30hrs that killed one bta and another prized black widow. Yesterday was a rough day coming home to that.
That sucks. Losing any livestock is a *****, losing expensive livestock stings just that much more. :(

ReefNoobie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. Losing any livestock is a *****, losing expensive livestock stings just that much more. :(

It definitely does suck. On the bright side, my very expensive acans are doing fantastic and didn’t mind the swing at all. In fact, I’ve never seen them so open and happy. jerks lol [emoji23]

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
letting my wife find out how much I spent on frags and colonies today.i forgot the sharpie to put fake prices on the containers.
I use to have her thinking all frags cost $5 and fish $10.pay attention and use this trick newbies. it could save your marriage some day.

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
letting my wife find out how much I spent on frags and colonies today.i forgot the sharpie to put fake prices on the containers.
I use to have her thinking all frags cost $5 and fish $10.pay attention and use this trick newbies. it could save your marriage some day.

That is hilarious. Told my wife, she loved it.

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the sharpie in the car!!!

Pivitol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first live sale the wife was with me looking at frags and oohing and awing at all the cool looking corals "oh get that one, omg you have to get this one" So i get them shipment arrives and she sees the size of the frags and gives me one of these looks
giphy (76).gif

So on the next trip to the lfs she purchased a couple colonies.

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do that with clothes! I would use a red sharpie and write 'Clearance' prices on the tags.

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is hilarious. Told my wife, she loved it.

This is taped to the counter at my LFS, we all laugh about it, even my wife.

C334F5AA-3CBD-41FF-ADFF-4B74FE113411.jpeg

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is taped to the counter at my LFS, we all laugh about it, even my wife.

C334F5AA-3CBD-41FF-ADFF-4B74FE113411.jpeg
but I can get a sharpie for a $1 so that leaves me $4 left over for the bargain rack.she thinks they only cost $2

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well in light there are seven days in a week, and I’m on day six now with out a screw up. Which means lol am I doomed tomorrow when it hits the seventh day? I’m curious if I stay up all night, then pass out when the sun comes up. If this happens I possibly can have a perfect week, because if I’m asleep lol I guess I can’t be doing something that I will regret. Of course, knowing my luck, I’ll pass out in a deep sleep (I mean fire alarm out cold), and the power at my house will go off, because some chipmunk chewed on the wrong line. Which means my tank will go 8 hours or more with out power. So then my regret would be sleeping, it’s so not fair.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back