Reef Tank Regret of the Week!

Literallyhydro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me wondering if I can get my corals to grow better or colour better by adding ingredient x, only to have it kick off some horrendous swing in the tank. I need to learn when things are good I should leave it alone.
I've learned from that a long time ago, sometimes it's better to just sit back and let everything stabilize instead of constantly trying to interfere with your system.

alex.mccann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a self corrected fix to an earlier Regret. Found my Sixline Wrasse crispy on the tile floor in front of my tank when I woke up this morning. It was like Christmas morning!!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Getting a 1/2 black dwarf angel who is eating at my corals and knocking them all over the place. A fish trap HAS been set.

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a self corrected fix to an earlier Regret. Found my Sixline Wrasse crispy on the tile floor in front of my tank when I woke up this morning. It was like Christmas morning!!!!
That fish would have been hard to catch. Hate that the fish died, glad it solved your problem. I had that issue with a sapphire damsel, I had just opened the door of an acclimation box and it swam in as soon as the other fish swam out...door closed, fish caught.

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
C4E4E7A9-22A5-4681-A247-D2BE1C45799C.jpeg
F341B7CE-700C-4DE5-8746-05F59856B1F7.jpeg
C79B7D8A-DF3E-4508-8F12-D3B6A3747B27.jpeg
This my regret, should of leave the system alone instead of trying to upgrade.

Razz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only regret is not going with a bigger tank to begin with...I have limited space so I can't just set up a bigger tank, cycle it and move things over...But the upside is that I learned ALOT from my 75 gallon....better to learn on that than the 300 or so gallon that I really wanted...May have to add a room onto the house, which could be another regret someday, lol...

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only regret is not going with a bigger tank to begin with...I have limited space so I can't just set up a bigger tank, cycle it and move things over...But the upside is that I learned ALOT from my 75 gallon....better to learn on that than the 300 or so gallon that I really wanted...May have to add a room onto the house, which could be another regret someday, lol...

If you go through the trouble of adding a room to the house, if at all possible make the floor concrete that way you get a 500 gallon or 2 300gal tanks. :D:D:D

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow, that’s insane it crashed that fast, did you use all the same water etc? I could see if there was no flow or heat, but I haven’t ever seen that. Of course, I have only moved my tank once in which it all survived the move. (Only to have one of my lfs who took care of it for me, kill 90% of it after). So sorry for the loss, that has to be super hard .

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Wow, that’s insane it crashed that fast, did you use all the same water etc? I could see if there was no flow or heat, but I haven’t ever seen that. Of course, I have only moved my tank once in which it all survived the move. (Only to have one of my lfs who took care of it for me, kill 90% of it after). So sorry for the loss, that has to be super hard .
Everything died in my holding tank, didnt wvent get a chance to put in the new system. Its the same water drained from the display. I do have good water circulation and heater in. My best guess is that i have too many big colony so one or 2 died and caused an infection. I used a 150g rubbermaid tank and my corals completwly filled it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back