OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great so far! I think the 75g is a great size!

Thank you! I’ve been up to about 220/G and you start to run into humidity issues with tanks that size. Not to mention the cost continues to go up with every “bigger” you build. This time I wanted to do a tank that’s more manageable, affordable, and minimal maintenance. :)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stand, looking forward to seeing the rest:)

Thx! Well, stay tuned! I’ll be updating as I keep building in between having to work. :)

Check out my YouTube channel for instant reef videos. It is categorized with different types of videos but I have over 100 reefing videos. :)

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ve been up to about 220/G and you start to run into humidity issues with tanks that size. Not to mention the cost continues to go up with every “bigger” you build. This time I wanted to do a tank that’s more manageable, affordable, and minimal maintenance. :)

Yep, my last tank was a 180g and it was just more everything, work, cost etc. I have a RSR 350 which is basically a 73g DT and it's much more manageable. I may go bigger again but not right thinking about it right now.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, my last tank was a 180g and it was just more everything, work, cost etc. I have a RSR 350 which is basically a 73g DT and it's much more manageable. I may go bigger again but not right thinking about it right now.

Roger that! You can have an amazing reef under 100/g because they’re more manageable. Water changes are a lot easier. Lighting the tank is cheaper. Supplementation is cheaper. Everything is cheaper and easier. You can pay more attention to detail. :)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These raceways will obviously have covers to hide all the wiring. Very easy to access equipment or pull equipment for cleaning.

An Apex will be installed later, but for now dual American DJ’s (on both sides) will be my preferred method to quickly toggle equipment on and off. I’ve used these for 10+ years with no issues. Great to start a tank with before you invest in an Apex.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Tank almost here. This thing will go up fast. Here's the final pictures of the stand.

Back