Reefbot arrived!!!!!! Initial thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What exactly is the ReefBot? Is it an automated tester, or does it just test the big 3? Is it like Trident? Never heard of it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Tests take a while but unit looks nice !

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
What exactly is the ReefBot? Is it an automated tester, or does it just test the big 3? Is it like Trident? Never heard of it.

Reefbot is essentially an automated testing machine. You can use a variety of off the shelf test kits from various manufactures (listed on reef kinetics website) to test basically whatever you want.

DocPaulo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So my mg has been good, api nitrate good, redsea alk needs new reagent.. my older kit is off...

Redsea phosphate is ok

Overall decent.. going to order fauna no3 and api calcium

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
My red Sea Alk is off as well. I gave up on the Red Sea Calcium.

The API Calcium test is as good as it can be.

@drernesto we need a reliable calcium test!! I'd love to see you guys experiment with the Trident calcium reagent.

I also think the Hannah alkalinity reagent and NYOS alkalinity would be a huge win for the reefbot.

Tropic Marin Nitrate and Red Sea Phosphate and Red Sea Mag have been right on the money.

In my experience, the testing kits that use 2 liquid reagents have yielded the most consistent and reliable results with the reefbot.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My red Sea Alk is off as well. I gave up on the Red Sea Calcium.

The API Calcium test is as good as it can be.

@drernesto we need a reliable calcium test!! I'd love to see you guys experiment with the Trident calcium reagent.

I also think the Hannah alkalinity reagent and NYOS alkalinity would be a huge win for the reefbot.

Tropic Marin Nitrate and Red Sea Phosphate and Red Sea Mag have been right on the money.

In my experience, the testing kits that use 2 liquid reagents have yielded the most consistent and reliable results with the reefbot.
We are working on different kits, NYOS ELOS and many others.
We will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Last edited:

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I've had my Reefbot setup for about a week now. Overall I like it. The Tropic Marin Nitrate, Red Sea Mg, and API Calcium seem to be working reliably. BUT, I cannot get my Red Sea Phosphate kit to return anything but 0.00, despite the Hanna Phosphorous test showing between 15-22 which is .046 - .067, so 0.00 seems pretty far off. Anyone else having an issue with the Phosphate test and if so, suggestions? The Reefbot team suggested I compare to the same Red Sea test manually, but unfortunately I only have the Refill kit which doesn't include the pieces needed for a manual test (and dont really want to buy it just to compare!). Thoughts?

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
I've had my Reefbot setup for about a week now. Overall I like it. The Tropic Marin Nitrate, Red Sea Mg, and API Calcium seem to be working reliably. BUT, I cannot get my Red Sea Phosphate kit to return anything but 0.00, despite the Hanna Phosphorous test showing between 15-22 which is .046 - .067, so 0.00 seems pretty far off. Anyone else having an issue with the Phosphate test and if so, suggestions? The Reefbot team suggested I compare to the same Red Sea test manually, but unfortunately I only have the Refill kit which doesn't include the pieces needed for a manual test (and dont really want to buy it just to compare!). Thoughts?
Take water to a LFS and ask them to test it?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, as I can see from your results, the device is well calibrated. Ultimately it’s better to compare the same brand and batch of reagents to itself. If there’s no way to do so, I believe that the phosphate reagents might be contaminated.
Different brands will give different results. Please keep me updated if you were able to compare manually and on the ReefBot the RedSea Phosphate. This test has shown consistency and accuracy with most of the users.

Cheers,

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
I was initially happy with my ReefBot but now I am concerned with my unit and Reef Kinetics support. My testing chamber keeps overflowing and the solution they have on their knowledge base did not fix the issue. I wanted to recalibrate but I get the warning that I should contact their Support before recalibrating. I put in a ticket and eventually got a response stating they will get back to me on a solution. It's been 5 days and after a second email sent to them I haven't gotten a response.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
I was initially happy with my ReefBot but now I am concerned with my unit and Reef Kinetics support. My testing chamber keeps overflowing and the solution they have on their knowledge base did not fix the issue. I wanted to recalibrate but I get the warning that I should contact their Support before recalibrating. I put in a ticket and eventually got a response stating they will get back to me on a solution. It's been 5 days and after a second email sent to them I haven't gotten a response.

Don't be afraid of recalibrating. It's nothing to be afraid of. Pro tip--you need to wait until the syringe arm moves out of the way for good before drawing out the water sample that you're measuring

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
He's a setup configuration they sent me if it helps
Screenshot_20190605-221703.png

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I do have my unit at the same level as my sump and lower than the display tank. I will recalibrate. The message stating that my ReefBot is already calibrated and then asking if Support approved recalibrating stop me from continuing.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190605-223611.png
Thank you for the responses. I do have my unit at the same level as my sump and lower than the display tank. I will recalibrate. The message stating that my ReefBot is already calibrated and then asking if Support approved recalibrating stop me from continuing.

Just check the box and push recalibrate, Proceed

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Please PM me your serial number. The support team will contact you as soon as possible.

Back