Reefbot arrived!!!!!! Initial thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
I've had my Reefbot setup for about a week now. Overall I like it. The Tropic Marin Nitrate, Red Sea Mg, and API Calcium seem to be working reliably. BUT, I cannot get my Red Sea Phosphate kit to return anything but 0.00, despite the Hanna Phosphorous test showing between 15-22 which is .046 - .067, so 0.00 seems pretty far off. Anyone else having an issue with the Phosphate test and if so, suggestions? The Reefbot team suggested I compare to the same Red Sea test manually, but unfortunately I only have the Refill kit which doesn't include the pieces needed for a manual test (and dont really want to buy it just to compare!). Thoughts?

Red Sea sells a Phosphate and Phosphate Pro test kits that look identical. The regular one tests PO4 0-25ppm range, the Pro version tests for PO4 in the 0-5ppm range.

Reefbot is setup for the Pro version. Which one do you have?

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
What exactly is the ReefBot? Is it an automated tester, or does it just test the big 3? Is it like Trident? Never heard of it.

It's a testing device with a robotic arm that holds a syringe and 8 vials of user selected testing solutions. It allows the user to automate the testing of a wide variety of parameters using well-established test kits assigned to the vials of his choice.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Red Sea sells a Phosphate and Phosphate Pro test kits that look identical. The regular one tests PO4 0-25ppm range, the Pro version tests for PO4 in the 0-5ppm range.

Reefbot is setup for the Pro version. Which one do you have?

I have the Phosphate Pro, but I wish that were the answer! But it seems like all the tests are out of range now. The calcium is the closest but the others are all off. Nitrate came in at 1ppm this AM vs 5 manual. How hard is the Calibration process to get right?

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Not a good day for the reefbot. Ca, Mg tests way off at 290 and 40 respectively vs manual Red Sea Test of 450 and 1300. Even DkH was 5.4 vs Hanna of 10.5....Have no clue what could be wrong. Nothing has changed from previous correct readings. Reagents still in the tubes. Waiting for other test kits to arrive to continue testing.....

So far for me only the Red Sea Phosphate and the API Nitrate tests are consistent and accurate...

Not giving up the Reefbot yet...will report when other test kits arrive..

I had the 290 as well and also had a dkh that was super low. @drernesto are the tests limited to specific high/low ranges due to the syringe's volume capacity?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had the 290 as well and also had a dkh that was super low. @drernesto are the tests limited to specific high/low ranges due to the syringe's volume capacity?
the tests are limited to the same resolution of the test kit. If the reagent manufacturer says that this kit will read up to 500ppm of calcium, we will be able to read to 500ppm

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the Phosphate Pro, but I wish that were the answer! But it seems like all the tests are out of range now. The calcium is the closest but the others are all off. Nitrate came in at 1ppm this AM vs 5 manual. How hard is the Calibration process to get right?
please email [email protected] and Maya our chemist will help you with the calibration

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The ReefBot is now compatible with ELOS The Aquarium Company KH test kit. You can read your alkalinity levels between 5 and 14 dKH !

#ReefBot #Elos #Alkalinity #RK #Aquarium #Reef

64537483_1617847581684740_4104753004165464064_n.jpg

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Really? 0.5 dkh resolution is not that great. I mean it's great they are adding more test kits, but is not an improvement over RedSea or Salifert.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Really? 0.5 dkh resolution is not that great. I mean it's great they are adding more test kits, but is not an improvement over RedSea or Salifert.

Each drop from the Elos represents .5 dkh. It's as precise as the test made by Elos allows for. This device just automates the testing for the user.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I meant that the RedSea and Salifert test kits used with Reefbot provide better resolution at 0.1 dkh, so although adding Elos to the test kits that can be used with the Reefbot is nice, I can't see why anyone would choose to use it over RedSead or Salifert.

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
I meant that the RedSea and Salifert test kits used with Reefbot provide better resolution at 0.1 dkh, so although adding Elos to the test kits that can be used with the Reefbot is nice, I can't see why anyone would choose to use it over RedSead or Salifert.

I guess its an option. We like options, the more the merrier.

@drernesto, I know you guys are working on a doser that can run from the RB, do you know when it is estimated to hit the market?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m surprised my friend @Zaffor hasn’t chimed in. He got a RB at Reefapalooza Orlando and should be able to answer questions. I know he posted when he initially set up, but haven’t heard back on any problems.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t use it anymore . The replacement unit I got also has problems. I ordered a Trident

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
What are the issues everyone is experiencing?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back