Reefbot arrived!!!!!! Initial thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m not sure why you would want to pay that amount of money to still have in accurate testing kits. It doesn’t matter how well the machine works it’s still using reagents that have a large room for in accuracy. The trident has much better accuracy. I’m all for innovation in our hobby but it Hass to make sense. $800 for machine to test what you can test makes no sense

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
I have two ReefBots and have been very satisfied with both. If the Trident is similar to GHL's KHD Director then I will take the ReefBot over the Trident. The GHL KHD Director I had before the ReefBot was not reliable enough.
I’m not sure why you would want to pay that amount of money to still have in accurate testing kits. It doesn’t matter how well the machine works it’s still using reagents that have a large room for in accuracy. The trident has much better accuracy. I’m all for innovation in our hobby but it Hass to make sense. $800 for machine to test what you can test makes no sense

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ive had my reefbot since last summer. Well, I’ve had a reefbot since last summer. I’m on my third one due to hardware issues. The company had been very good to me in regards to support and warranty replacement. I am happy with its performance. I have a buddy who doesnt share my experience and sold his replacement upon arrival.

I have test kits for alk, calc, phosphates, and nitrates. Until I moved from from 2 part to an ACR calcium reactor it’s been great. I moved from daily alk testing to 4 hour testing to monitor the change. I’m glad I did because alk was was all over the place at first. My complaint was replacing reagents every couple days, it was getting old. I picked up a trident for alk. I’ll continue to use my RB for phosphates and nitrates.

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have two ReefBots and have been very satisfied with both. If the Trident is similar to GHL's KHD Director then I will take the ReefBot over the Trident. The GHL KHD Director I had before the ReefBot was not reliable enough.

I'm not to familiar with the GHL director but I do know the Trident is deadly accurate and able to do 3 part controlled dosing send you emails and texts for the alarms you choose to program. it also tests up to 12 times a day or something like that and the reagents last 3 months not weeks. I think the reefbot is a neat idea but just over priced for a machine that can't dose and its only as accurate as the test kits you use with it. this is just my personal thoughts

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back