Reefbot Feature Requests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've had my Reefbot since early March and it has been great. I have a few suggestions to make it even better:

1. Notifications PRIOR to running out of reagent or waste full - I've had multiple tests fail due to not having enough reagent or the waste being full. It would be nice for the Reefbot to let you know you are running low on reagent (like maybe 1-2 tests) prior to running out. Same as waste.

2. Ability to retain reagent volume information when swapping out test kits. There should be a feature to make it easier to swap out test kits. For instance, right now I have TM nitrate in slots 6-8. If I wanted to test RS Mg and swapped out the TM vials, it would be nice to let Reefbot know to save the TM nitrate reagent volumes so that when I swapped them back in, the volumes would be correct. Otherwise it assumes it is full. At the very least, allow the users to enter the actual reagent volumes and the user can manually save/enter that info. Right now the only option is for the user to tell reefbot the reagent volume has been refilled (full).

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've had my Reefbot since early March and it has been great. I have a few suggestions to make it even better:

1. Notifications PRIOR to running out of reagent or waste full - I've had multiple tests fail due to not having enough reagent or the waste being full. It would be nice for the Reefbot to let you know you are running low on reagent (like maybe 1-2 tests) prior to running out. Same as waste.

2. Ability to retain reagent volume information when swapping out test kits. There should be a feature to make it easier to swap out test kits. For instance, right now I have TM nitrate in slots 6-8. If I wanted to test RS Mg and swapped out the TM vials, it would be nice to let Reefbot know to save the TM nitrate reagent volumes so that when I swapped them back in, the volumes would be correct. Otherwise it assumes it is full. At the very least, allow the users to enter the actual reagent volumes and the user can manually save/enter that info. Right now the only option is for the user to tell reefbot the reagent volume has been refilled (full).

We are flattered to have you part of our community.

We are working on these 2 suggestions. We will keep you posted.

Cheers

Reefies

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

is there a way to reduce the amount of waste water? Does this come through the length of the hoses? If so, you could make this adjustable and then cut according to the circumstances to the necessary?

regards

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

is there a way to reduce the amount of waste water? Does this come through the length of the hoses? If so, you could make this adjustable and then cut according to the circumstances to the necessary?

regards
No as it’s related to the test kit itself and the flushing of the device

Reefies

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi,
a warning message by mail and push before the RO water and Wastewater reaches an inferior level (for example, 75%). A way to override the measured value with a specified value if the measured value was not recognized correctly by the Reefbot. For example, at KH Test.

regards

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi,
a warning message by mail and push before the RO water and Wastewater reaches an inferior level (for example, 75%). A way to override the measured value with a specified value if the measured value was not recognized correctly by the Reefbot. For example, at KH Test.

regards
Kindly email [email protected]
Thanks

OP
OP
puffy127

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just got a consumption report! "44.3% of the waste container is filled. You can still perform 8 tests before emptying the waste."

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
I am getting these messages also. but my containers are only half full... something is off with my machine … idk.

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any updates on my device... if it has updated, nothing important changed.(at lease that I noticed)
I believe reef kinetics needs some updates and they have some glitches to work out.
Hopefully this device will get better in time. (Firmware and software and app)

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
I have noticed new kind of notifications past week from the reefbot, something like "you have 53% RODI remaining and will be able to perform 3 more tests", which is helpful. I was wondering if this was from an update or I changed a setting.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey @drernesto , Does Reefbot updates automatically? Do we have any control on it?
It depends on the kind of updates. If it’s an app or firmware/software update for the device, you’ll be notified about it. If it’s an update on our servers no. The notifications update was on our servers.

Cheers!

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Happy Independence Day from the Reef Kinetics team
4thjuly-01.jpg

OP
OP
puffy127

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I like the consumption alerts but it needs some fine tuning. It would be nice if they only appeared when reagents/RODI got low or when waste were near full. Like when only 2-3 tests remain or something like that. If I get a consumption alert everytime a test is run (telling me I have 24 tests left), then it has a numbing effect and they tend to get ignored. But they are still better than not having them.

Can you also add syringe needle replacement to the consumption alerts?

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Love the consumption alerts. One thing missing from it is the syringe alert. Maybe add that in to the consumption alert? For example, a consumption alert told me :
  • Your RODI level is at 33.3%. You can still perform 8 test/s before refilling the RODI tank.
But there was no mention of how many tests remained until I needed to replace my syringe.
The next test I tried to run could not be completed because it was time to replace my syringe.

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

Setup my new Bot: been testing for a week now: Initial impressions...loving it!

First suggestion, the volume setting for RODI & Waste is in whole liters only...not a good fit for my US Gallon jugs.

Second suggestion, I really like being able to 'move' a test in and out of the bot...really wish that test could be set as 'inactive' by selecting Tube N/A or some other method to indicate it is not currently in the Bot but is available to be used.

Third, if there is a way to track (and reset) the amount of tank water consumed in testing so that value in new seawater could be made up manually or by dosing would be helpful. (I'm currently tracking S/G of the tank and the number of times I dump the wast container and 'guess' how much new seawater to dose back...while this works, it is not elegant.)

jdg

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ideally id like to see you be able to save your different tests but just make them non testable for people who like swapping vials for different tests. It deletes the entire test everytime you swap vials.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back