Reefbot issue - need help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I just received the reefbot today and i installed it with the bot same level as the aquarium, RODI same level as the bot and aquarium, waste on the same level as sump and aquarium water from the top of the aquarium. I tried to run test and it says no results found. None of the test came back with a results. Am i missing something? I tried to chat with their support. They’re away right now. “Result cannot be determined” thats all the result i got
Hello,
Did you put the magnetic stirrers is both the transparent chamber and black chamber?
please email [email protected] for further support

Benson Dizon

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,
Did you put the magnetic stirrers is both the transparent chamber and black chamber?
please email [email protected] for further support
I have all magnetic stirrers in all chambers. Kh came back with a result but PO4, Mg, Ca are all null. I did recalibrate 5ml to the test chamber and 9ml on the RODI chamber. I contacted them but i guess the guy i was talking to went back to sleep. Cos he stop replying

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
I just received the reefbot today and i installed it with the bot same level as the aquarium, RODI same level as the bot and aquarium, waste on the same level as sump and aquarium water from the top of the aquarium. I tried to run test and it says no results found. None of the test came back with a results. Am i missing something? I tried to chat with their support. They’re away right now. “Result cannot be determined” thats all the result i got
Any time I received that error, Reefkinetics had to do a remote calibration and then it would work.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score

Was wondering if you every got your issue resolved regarding the "Results cannot be determined"?

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
After stirring motor was replaced, syringe actuator stop working. I think they are sending either new actuator or replacement for ReefBot. I’ll keep you posted

at this point I feel like a pro with replacing all these parts though

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
I've been having issues with my reefbot lately as well. First the acuator needed to be replaced, turns out that wasn't the issue. I then replaced both acuators and the wires, that worked. However, now I'm having an issue with the testing chamber overfilling and spilling water everywhere. I tried flushing the tubes but it hasn't helped. Still no resolution from customer service. I just want to replace the whole unit at this point, but they don't have any in stock.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
After stirring motor was replaced, syringe actuator stop working. I think they are sending either new actuator or replacement for ReefBot. I’ll keep you posted

I get what your talking about.

I get what your mean by replacing parts. I literally have replaced a number of items and even had to go through reflashing the software to get things working. Again I'm a believer in what this device wants to do. But I'm still not seeing it.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
I've been having issues with my reefbot lately as well. First the acuator needed to be replaced, turns out that wasn't the issue. I then replaced both acuators and the wires, that worked. However, now I'm having an issue with the testing chamber overfilling and spilling water everywhere. I tried flushing the tubes but it hasn't helped. Still no resolution from customer service. I just want to replace the whole unit at this point, but they don't have any in stock.

I can relate to that frustration. How long have you been waiting for resolution?

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
I can relate to that frustration. How long have you been waiting for resolution?
Problem is company is out of Beirut and we are on the opposite time zone. So troubleshooting there were some delays. The tech I’m dealing with is really helpful. All delays happened on my side though.
Nether the less it is frustrating.

Once I replaced stirring motor, reefbot worked for solid week. Probably 10-20 tests, then actuator went out.

im thinking of buy lots of spare parts for it, so if something like this happened I can quickly fix it.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Problem is company is out of Beirut and we are on the opposite time zone. So troubleshooting there were some delays. The tech I’m dealing with is really helpful. All delays happened on my side though.
Nether the less it is frustrating.

Once I replaced stirring motor, reefbot worked for solid week. Probably 10-20 tests, then actuator went out.

im thinking of buy lots of spare parts for it, so if something like this happened I can quickly fix it.

The timezone is a major issue with support hours. But the team has always been willing to work odd hours if possible. Still that does conflict with my own schedule and thus increases the delay. It would be nice if they would hire a US based support person to provide normal hours of support. That would be an welcomed improvement.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
About a week. I understand it's not easy given everything going on in Lebanon these days. Their support staff did video chat with me for over an hour on a Saturday during an Islamic holiday weekend so I definitely appreciate that, but it's just frustrating that I can't just get these issues resolved.

I have another reefbot for my home tank and other than going offline occasionally, it's been working great. Having it has definitely been a huge help in maintaining my nutrient levels. I even figured a work around so I don't need to keep flashing the SD card every time it goes offline. I wish my office bot was just as reliable.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
About a week. I understand it's not easy given everything going on in Lebanon these days. Their support staff did video chat with me for over an hour on a Saturday during an Islamic holiday weekend so I definitely appreciate that, but it's just frustrating that I can't just get these issues resolved.

I have another reefbot for my home tank and other than going offline occasionally, it's been working great. Having it has definitely been a huge help in maintaining my nutrient levels. I even figured a work around so I don't need to keep flashing the SD card every time it goes offline. I wish my office bot was just as reliable.

The team has been really great about making themselves available during their off hours which is great. I was searching around for a 2nd unit myself. But their are apparently in short supply.

Back