Reefbot issue - need help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Two days ago my reefbot stoped working and now it has red light on all the time. I’ve looked inside, everything looks good in the right place. I’ve tried to unplug then plug in, still red light.
Having issues logging into ReefKinetics website to create ticket. System keep saying I don’t exist, yet same user password works on the app. So I have submitted chat request with this issue this morning. Auto reply says they are currently away. I’m hoping to get some response soon.
I’ve had reefbot for about a month and really enjoying automation.

hope someone gets back to me soon,
Thanks

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Two days ago my reefbot stoped working and now it has red light on all the time. I’ve looked inside, everything looks good in the right place. I’ve tried to unplug then plug in, still red light.
Having issues logging into ReefKinetics website to create ticket. System keep saying I don’t exist, yet same user password works on the app. So I have submitted chat request with this issue this morning. Auto reply says they are currently away. I’m hoping to get some response soon.
I’ve had reefbot for about a month and really enjoying automation.

hope someone gets back to me soon,
Thanks

You should also send their support team an email... I have found that email'd issues are often responded to faster than the chat messages... [email protected]

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
They told me it’s a memory card issue. I haven’t figure out where memory card is yet. Gotta take it out and reload software. It’s a pain but nothing I can’t figure out. I will probably get this done sometime this week.
Thanks

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,
Kindly email [email protected] or message us on the support portal of the Reef kinetics app.
Our support team doesn’t have access to REEF2REEF
You don’t need to login the the support portal. Just send an email of chat through the website.

Thanks,
Rabih

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
interesting. Same exact thing happened to me last week. Have not fixed it yet (process is a bit painful)

eddies

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine died a couple of weeks ago as well. All I get with it is constant red lights. I just got around to tinkering with it due to the holidays and I emailed support on it last night.

After reading here, I googled how to reload the firmware while I'm waiting for a support reply, but haven't found anything on the web about how to do it. It does seem that this red light problem is probably the most common post I've come across for the reefbot's over the last few weeks. So it sounds pretty common. I was actually really surprised at just how little information there is on the web about the reefbot...

eddies

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine died a couple of weeks ago as well. All I get with it is constant red lights. I just got around to tinkering with it due to the holidays and I emailed support on it last night.

After reading here, I googled how to reload the firmware while I'm waiting for a support reply, but haven't found anything on the web about how to do it. It does seem that this red light problem is probably the most common post I've come across for the reefbot's over the last few weeks. So it sounds pretty common. I was actually really surprised at just how little information there is on the web about the reefbot...

Well I do have to say that support responded very quickly! While I was posting this message here, George from Reef Kinetics replied to my support email with the instructions of how to fix it. So kudos for the speed of their support team checking things out! That was a nice surprise!

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Well I do have to say that support responded very quickly! While I was posting this message here, George from Reef Kinetics replied to my support email with the instructions of how to fix it. So kudos for the speed of their support team checking things out! That was a nice surprise!
Glad you’re device is back online.
do not hesitate to contact us on the support portal for any further assistance.

happy new year!

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with the red light. I have sent an email to your support email address. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
So couple of weeks ago I replacement actuator on the reefbot. Everything seems to be work, then yesterday I stopped getting results. Today I walked up to reefbot to see what was going on. Found this

F37E83ED-0B49-42CF-8EF2-A99EB8054FC2.jpeg

not sure what happened exactly but I went ahead replaced the needle. I also checked everyone vial to make sure they pushed back all the way. Anyways tests are working fine now, hoping it was one off :)

btw I found this chart to be very helpful and I went ahead ordered api test kits for phosphates nitrates and alk. Seems to be most economical approach

here is a link to chart for tests
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshd...fiqhxdh-rbgKjP9HWkUTJHqsPSmlYQ.png?1573807160
1578367452764.jpeg

Benson Dizon

View Badges
Reaction score
I just received the reefbot today and i installed it with the bot same level as the aquarium, RODI same level as the bot and aquarium, waste on the same level as sump and aquarium water from the top of the aquarium. I tried to run test and it says no results found. None of the test came back with a results. Am i missing something? I tried to chat with their support. They’re away right now. “Result cannot be determined” thats all the result i got

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back