ReefBot Lab: The Newest all-in-one Testing Machine from Reef Kinetics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefBot Lab is the latest automatic aquarium water testing machine from Reef Kinetics, makers of the ReefBot which was one of the very first full range testers to be offered to reefers. At a time where other testers were only focused on measuring alkalinity using their own proprietary methods, the first ReefBot used widely…
Source

Continue reading...

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone any knowledge if this company is still in business? they don't answer email, the phone or enquires through their website. I placed an order three weeks ago for the reefbot Lab, they took payment and now have gone dark.

Will_W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a cool testing system I had never heard of. I hope you get yours and when you get it let everyone know how it works for you. I saw that they are made in Lebanon and i would suspect that the international shipping and customs may be the primary delay. Still doesn't explain the lack of communication though

Last edited:

jbrowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one as well after seeing it on Parker’s Reef YouTube channel. He had a discount code for the pre-order. I liked the design and was honestly about to order the Mastertronic. The primary reason I ordered the Reefbot is the black color versus orange/white. I will have to place it in sight, so preferred black. I have paid in full for it and it says delivery in 4 weeks. It has been 2 weeks, so will see what happens. I have not tried to contact them yet. Hoping it is legit since a YouTuber I trust did a video and is promoting.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re wasting your money with this company.
These machines will keep you working all the time just so that it works right.
Biggest regret I’ve had on purchasing equipment in this hobby.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I just received my Unit and it looks like the nightmare begins.
it won't connect to Wifi and the ethernet connection does not seem to work properly either.
hours with support spent so far.
Silly thing that leaves me scratching my head, the power supply cord is so short you cannot lay it on the floor, the response from reef kinetics just keep the power supply sitting on top of the unit.
IMG_7234.JPG

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The syringe unit is not straight and is floppy.
IMG_7244.JPG
IMG_7245.JPG

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup a wifi extender with and ethernet port and everything seems to work well now, ran 10 tests last night and this unit is rocking away quite nicely.

Johng723

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup a wifi extender with and ethernet port and everything seems to work well now, ran 10 tests last night and this unit is rocking away quite nicely.
Have all the tests been fairly accurate? Any issues with the syringe not being straight?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, the syringe unit works great. The angle and fixture is deliberate it just went against my instincts and OCD for everything to be square.
I had some issues with the initial start-up and accuracy of reading, but right now, after a few days the testing is very consistent with Hanna and trident testing. Tests are performed on time and accurately I had a couple of issues but they were due to test kit reagents.
I like the unit the new design is leaps and bounds better than the old units, I just ordered a second one for my other tank.
Support is very good. They are responsive and knowledgeable.

nycjwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the deal with the power cable...does it really have to sit on top of the unit. Mine would have to sit next to the unit not crazy about the idea of seeing it sitting on top of the unit or even along side it. How long are the water tubes? thx

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a power cable extension cord to solve the problem. Reef kinetics will fix the issue on future shipments; here is a link to what I found to extend the cord.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for the last 48 hrs I have only had one good test out of 20, 15 gallons of R/O and a lot of reagents later the unit just will not keep a stable internet connection via ethernet and is incapable of connecting to wifi .
If you do not have an internet connection the unit will do test but fail at the end every time as it is unable to pass result to the cloud server. my internet is stable and all other wifi aquarium devices work flawlessly Apex, reef beat, Ai, Mobius Sicce PSK ext. support is out of Lebanon and they have gone dark for the last two days.
I don't know when I will be able to get any help. They had told me to change my WIFI name since their software could not support an apostrophe I did that which was huge pain as I had to change all devices in the house to the new network name that still does not work..... Today I truly hate this equipment.
App is buggy and inconsistent hopefully I can get this resolved quickly or get my money back or at this point just get some support.

tmnails

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jonty Thanks for all your input so far! I'm considering purchasing this as well. Any recent developments from this week? Is their customer service helping you get thru things, like the network connection issues?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service is very good, network issues are getting better and I have fewer and fewer issues.

I am now working on the balance of connectivity issues some which are my issue and some theirs.

Periodic failed tests due to unreadable colors with some test kits, I can run a few test for a parameter and then get a failed test due to an unreadable color and then the next few are fine with nothing changed.

lastly reconciling test kit results with Trident and Hanna results.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium is the only test I have issues with now. Everything else seems to have become very stable. I do wish I could find a source for Giesemann, Colombo, Fauna Marin test kits, all of which seem to be unavailable in the USA right now.

tmnails

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compared to the Mastertronic unit I had this unit is perfection .
That's good to hear! I went ahead and ordered one today myself, fingers crossed. The customer service has been great so far, I had a couple up front questions.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my second unit for the other tank today setup and going live seemed to go much smoother already; the unit is happily testing away as I speak.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back