Reefbot NOT updating Daylight Savings Time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

whitejawfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
After the recent Daylight Savings Time change a few weeks ago. I noticed tests were running @ differant time. I checked my emails from reefbot and compared it to the scheduled times and confirmed this.

Apparently, DST is an oversight on Reef Kenetics part. Being overseas the developers they must not have acounted for DST and seems that they have no real fix.

After weeks of back and forth and telling me to check my phone to ensure DST on my mobile is correct (AND IT IS). I checked timezone set on the app as well AND IT IS. The "fix" is for me to reschedule the tests for an hour earlier? This is not a fix. Its having me correct thier oversight on the machine and app. There is absolutely no reason that a device that is hooked upto the internet is not capable in updating and correcting for DST automatically. If I was to manually re-schedule all tests than in the spring when we have the next round of time change the same thing will happen.

I run 4 tests with my reefbot and if you are a reefbot user you already know how intricate scheduling a test is.

Seems RK support is unwilling to fix the problem. They are unwilling to even do an update to the unit? I would think a simple firmware update would resolve this. But Nope, I have had my reefbot for nearly a year and not one firmware update has been provided to date? Why? Seems like this issue is a simple fix. So unfortunate that such a seemingly advanced machine is relegated to one of my analog timepieces that needs manual adjustment for daylight time change.

Can other users please check thier result emails time stamp against thier scheduled testing times and confirm that Reefbot has not updated DST?

There is no excuse for this in my opinion.

Last edited:

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
After the recent Daylight Savings Time change a few weeks ago. I noticed tests were running @ differant time. I checked my emails from reefbot and compared it to the scheduled times and confirmed this.

Apparently, DST is an oversight on Reef Kenetics part. Being overseas the developers must not have acounted for this and seems that there is no real fox.

After weeks of back and forth and telling me to check my phone to ensure DST on my mobile is correct (AND IT IS). the "fix" is to reschedule the tests for an hour earlier? This is not a fix... Its having me correct an oversight on the machine and app. There is notnreason that a device that isnhooked upto the internet can not update DST. If I was to update the schedule than in the spring when we have the next round of time change the same thing will happen.

I run 4 tests with my reefbot and if you are a reefbot user you know how intricate scheduling a test is.

Seems that support is unwilling to fix the problem. They are unwilling to even do an update to the unit... I would think a simple firmware update would resolve this. But Nope... I have had my reefbot for nearly a year and not one firmware update provided to date...? Why? Seems like this is a simple fix. So unfortunate.

Can other users please check thier result emails time stamp against thier scheduled testing times and confirm that Reefbot has not updated DST?

There is no excuse for this in my opinion.
Hello,

Did you check the timezone?

you can edit it from menu, my account, timezone.
If it’s not solved please email us on [email protected]

OP
OP
W

whitejawfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

Did you check the timezone?

you can edit it from menu, my account, timezone.
If it’s not solved please email us on [email protected]

Yeah check the OP I posted that I have the correct timezone set in the app.

Support offers no fix to this issue and I have no choice but to turn to community members for help at this point.

Reef Kinetics must do a firmware update or offer a real fix to something that should be a seemingly easy fix. Instead nothing but weeks of back and forth communication and telling me "the fix" is for me to update all of my scheduled test times? Now how is that a real fix? and how will rescheduling my tests now account for DST in the spring? Seems I would need to reschedule all of my tests again than. Thats not a fix and a PITA.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah check the OP I posted that I have the correct timezone set in the app.

Support offers no fix to this issue and I have no choice but to turn to community members for help at this point.

Reef Kinetics must do a firmware update or offer a real fix to something that should be a seemingly easy fix. Instead nothing but weeks of back and forth communication and telling me "the fix" is for me to update all of my scheduled test times? Now how is that a real fix? and how will rescheduling my tests now account for DST in the spring? Seems I would need to reschedule all of my tests again than. Thats not a fix and a PITA.
I’m checking the issue you are facing with our software team.
it’s a particular issue for your account.
Thanks

OP
OP
W

whitejawfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m checking the issue you are facing with our software team.
it’s a particular issue for your account.
Thanks
Reef Kenetics remotely and manually updated my schedules when I specifically asked that a real fix be applied to the DST oversight not a mask and rescheduling every time DST adjustment is needed.

RK support ignored my request and instead stated they will update my schedules from thier end in the spring. Seems silly to have to manually reschedule all tests every 6 months than offer a real fix.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Reef Kenetics remotely and manually updated my schedules when I specifically asked that a real fix be applied to the DST oversight not a mask and rescheduling every time DST adjustment is needed.

RK support ignored my request and instead stated they will update my schedules from thier end in the spring. Seems silly to have to manually reschedule all tests every 6 months than offer a real fix.
Kindly PM us the serial number of the device, name and email address.
thanks

Back