Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.51.29 AM.png

The ReefBot V2 is finally here!!
Aimed mainly to stabilize your tank parameters to create a healthier ecosystem for your precious corals and fish.
With its 8 vials, the ReefBot V2 can test all the essential parameters of your tank faster and more efficiently than its predecessor.

The ReefBot V2 is now in stock and ready to be shipped out. We will be releasing additional tests and updates every now and then, so keep an eye out for these new updates.

ReefBot V2.png

Upgraded features

Needle Reach - The needle can now reach most of the reagents in the vials allowing you to perform more tests before refilling.

Design upgrade - Minor changes were done on the design of the ReefBot V2 to give it a smoother look than the ReefBot V1.

Reset Button - A reset button was added to the ReefBot V2 which was not found in it’s younger version.

Device communication - 0/10V communication protocol for 3rd party devices.

New Actuator - The ReefBot V2’s uses an upgraded mechanical design that allows it to test your tank’s parameters and return the results even faster than the original ReefBot!

We replaced the old actuator with a new one that is more sturdy and reliable.

More precision - The ReefBot V2 is more precise in testing in which it has higher resolution titration tests with a precision of 0.001 milliliter (1μl ).

Quieter - The ReefBot V2 is ever more silent as we are trying to keep your testing as smooth as possible.

ReefBot V2 Features

Monitor your tank's parameters

ReefBot V2 uses a reagent-based method to autonomously measure the levels of the parameters in your tank whether it is freshwater or saltwater. It currently measures Alkalinity (Alk), Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Nitrate (NO3), Phosphate (PO4), Nitrite (NO2), Ammonia (NH3), Copper (CU), Iodine (I2) and (pH) with more parameters added regularly.

Supports multiple test kits
ReefBot V2 is configured to work with reagent test kits available on the market from the following brands: Salifert, Elos, Red Sea, Giesemann, Tropic Marin, Fauna Marin, API and Colombo. Changing kits is as simple as selecting a brand and parameter on the mobile and web application.

Controlled by Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App
The ReefBot V2 is controlled from anywhere in the world through a mobile and web app with a simple interface to schedule and run tests, view all results and receive alerts when new test results are ready.

Easy Setup on any tank
The ReefBot V2 can be installed by simply immersing the inlet tube in the tank and connecting the RODI tube and waste containers. It connects to the internet through any wifi or ethernet network.

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
In the market as well. Would like to know about the testing parameters/ranges. Thanks for posting!

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm very impressed with your V2 upgrade. But, I have some questions...

Does your Cloud Controller App retain a history of the test results?

What does the "0/10V communication protocol for 3rd party devices" actually mean for the average reef keeper? I'd really, really love to be able to pump test results into my Apex for storage and for their display. Will I be able to do this with the V2? Or, with any other controller? If not, what can I do with it? I'd be happy to be able to port test results, even manually, into my forever spreadsheet.

TIA,
Bob

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
V1 was a disappointment for many reefers, myself included. Never ending problems, one after another until you get defeated & no longer continue to keep repairing the unit. I wish some products were better vetted to protect consumers. Yes this was a beta product, but it still greatly underdelivered.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
V1 was a disappointment for many reefers, myself included. Never ending problems, one after another until you get defeated & no longer continue to keep repairing the unit. I wish some products were better vetted to protect consumers. Yes this was a beta product, but it still greatly underdelivered.

Sorry to hear of your experience with the V1. I hope the vendor is in a position to offer you some remediation with their V2!

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Well dang, I just got a reef bot in the past few months. Didn’t think there would be a v2 so soon! I’ve had no problems with mine

mylertitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
I am in the market for this too
My concern would be:
  • The tank water in 4/6mm pipe, I would be running a longer distance so I would need to ideally flush the lines. Can this be handled within the reefbot or would i have to t piece the tank in and flush this just prior to reefbot kicking in?
  • My other question is during research I could never get the screenshots to see if the results where greater than the api tests, so for example nitrate scale is 0,5,10,20,40,80,160. Is that the values I will get from reefbot or does it have a more granular colour scale and will give more accuracy? like 0,3,5,8,10,12,15,18,20 etc??
    As to me the use here is using API
    Calcium - 2
    Alk - 1 or 2 (double up as testing more)
    Nitrate - 2
    Phos - 2
    pH - 1 (if not doubling up)
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
What is the precision of the no3 and po4 tests? I'm in the market for this or the mastertronic - how does the reefbot v2 compare?
Depends on each test kit. The ReefBot can automate many kits. for example the Red Sea phosphate resolution is 0.00, 0.01, 0.02, 0.04... we are always adding in-between points for more informations regarding this topic please email [email protected]

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
In the market as well. Would like to know about the testing parameters/ranges. Thanks for posting!
Here's the lost of compatible kits. Please note that this list is frequently updated.
Please email [email protected] for resolutions.

Saltwater:

SalifertKH/Alkalinity Pro Test
RedSeaKH/Alkalinity Pro, Magnesium Pro, Calcium (beta), Phosphate Pro Tests
ElosKH Wateranalysis, Cu Wateranalysis, NO2 Wateranalysis
Giesmann AquaristicMagnesium Professional, Phosphate Tests, Ammonia Test Professional, KH Test Professional, Iodine Professional
Tropic MarinNitrate Pro, Nitrite Pro
Fauna MarinAquaHome Nitrate, AquaHome Nitrite, AquaHome Phosphate
APICalcium, Alkalinity, Phosphate, Ammonia, Nitrate Tests, pH High Range
ColomboIodine, Phosphate, Magnesium, KH/Alkalinity, Nitrite, Ammonia

Freshwater Tests​

APIAmmonia, Nitrite, Nitrate
APIpH, pH High Range
ColomboAlkalinity Aquatest, General Hardness Aquatest
ColomboAmmonia Aquatest, Nitrite Aquatest

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm very impressed with your V2 upgrade. But, I have some questions...

Does your Cloud Controller App retain a history of the test results?

What does the "0/10V communication protocol for 3rd party devices" actually mean for the average reef keeper? I'd really, really love to be able to pump test results into my Apex for storage and for their display. Will I be able to do this with the V2? Or, with any other controller? If not, what can I do with it? I'd be happy to be able to port test results, even manually, into my forever spreadsheet.

TIA,
Bob
The Cloud controller app retain history for a certain period of time.
0/10V is a communication protocol used to connect to 3rd party devices such as controllers, but to be able to do so, the controller companies should allow it.
For what we know, Coral Vue where working on allowing hydros controller to import the results.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I am in the market for this too
My concern would be:
  • The tank water in 4/6mm pipe, I would be running a longer distance so I would need to ideally flush the lines. Can this be handled within the reefbot or would i have to t piece the tank in and flush this just prior to reefbot kicking in?
  • My other question is during research I could never get the screenshots to see if the results where greater than the api tests, so for example nitrate scale is 0,5,10,20,40,80,160. Is that the values I will get from reefbot or does it have a more granular colour scale and will give more accuracy? like 0,3,5,8,10,12,15,18,20 etc??
    As to me the use here is using API
    Calcium - 2
    Alk - 1 or 2 (double up as testing more)
    Nitrate - 2
    Phos - 2
    pH - 1 (if not doubling up)
Thanks in advance
Thanks for your interest in the ReefBot V2.
The allowed maximum sample line is 2 meters. this will be flushed before every test.
The resolution of the test kit is the same. but theres some kits that present better resolution and accuracy then others. we recommend to use tropic pro marin or fauna marine for hight resolution nitrate nitrite, redsea phosphate, redsea or salifert alkalinity.

Do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected] for more informations.

snulma1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The Cloud controller app retain history for a certain period of time.
0/10V is a communication protocol used to connect to 3rd party devices such as controllers, but to be able to do so, the controller companies should allow it.
For what we know, Coral Vue where working on allowing hydros controller to import the results.
So is there any discussion about integration/communication with apex at this time?

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Does the device have a local interface and a local API? Can I use it without the cloud?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back