Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Will people with the older reefbot be able to upgrade certain parts that were major failing points in the OG bot? For instance the actuator was something lots of users would like to have seen improved and it seems like you have done that! The bottles look a tad bit bigger but it might just be the new design? Are people with the V1 bot left in the dust? being that we were early adopters I would have thought we would have the opportunity to experience some of the changes yall have made due to insight given by the community. Thanks

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Will people with the older reefbot be able to upgrade certain parts that were major failing points in the OG bot? For instance the actuator was something lots of users would like to have seen improved and it seems like you have done that! The bottles look a tad bit bigger but it might just be the new design? Are people with the V1 bot left in the dust? being that we were early adopters I would have thought we would have the opportunity to experience some of the changes yall have made due to insight given by the community. Thanks
Hello Dilan,

the new bottles (60ml) will work on all the bots (V1, V2, Pro and any other bot).
We are working on an upgrade kit specially for the actuator.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Dilan,

the new bottles (60ml) will work on all the bots (V1, V2, Pro and any other bot).
thankyou! Is their anyway yall can allow us to program more than 1 set of vials to a single test kit? So I want to use my bot to ONLY test for no3 and po4. I use red sea for po4 and api for no3. Currently this would take 5 vials total and I would have to fill them up when they are "empty". I would like the ability to program lets say 2 sets of bottles of API no3 so I can set one set to test on T,TR, Sun and the other set of API no3 test to run the remaining days. This essentially allows me to go 2x as long between filling the reagent bottles. Also where do you go to purchase the new bottles?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
thankyou! Is their anyway yall can allow us to program more than 1 set of vials to a single test kit? So I want to use my bot to ONLY test for no3 and po4. I use red sea for po4 and api for no3. Currently this would take 5 vials total and I would have to fill them up when they are "empty". I would like the ability to program lets say 2 sets of bottles of API no3 so I can set one set to test on T,TR, Sun and the other set of API no3 test to run the remaining days. This essentially allows me to go 2x as long between filling the reagent bottles. Also where do you go to purchase the new bottles?
We don’t have this currently but it’s a good idea to propose to the software team.
cheers

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
- Does the v2 reefbot come with 20ml vials or 40 ml vials?
- Is the sound level tremendously lower than V1?
- Can the waste water be dumped into the tank back? (Not sure if there has been any research on this part)
- What are the dimensions of it? Smaller than older one or the same?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
- Does the v2 reefbot come with 20ml vials or 40 ml vials?
- Is the sound level tremendously lower than V1?
- Can the waste water be dumped into the tank back? (Not sure if there has been any research on this part)
- What are the dimensions of it? Smaller than older one or the same?
-The V2 comes with the 20ml vials, the 60ml will be compatible
-the noise is lower but not a lot
-the wastewater will never be dumped back in the tank as it contains toxic chemicals.
The V2 and V1 are similar in size.

reeferZ

View Badges
Reaction score
This is Awesome. Just finding out about the reefbot. I jumped into the trident a few weeks ago. almost regretting my looking at the reefbot and mastertronic. Very excited to see what the future holds here

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Depends on each test kit. The ReefBot can automate many kits. for example the Red Sea phosphate resolution is 0.00, 0.01, 0.02, 0.04... we are always adding in-between points for more informations regarding this topic please email [email protected]
I guess I'll ask more specific questions.

Focustronic publishes this as their precision for each test:
• Nitrate (NO3)Accuracy / Precision (+/-) : 0.5 ppm / 0.1 ppm
• Phosphate (PO4)Accuracy / Precision (+/-): 0.01 ppm / 0.005 ppm
• Magnesium (Mg) Accuracy / Precision (+/-): 20 ppm / 20 ppm
• Calcium (Ca) Accuracy / Precision (+/-): 6 ppm / 6 ppm

• Alkalinity (dKH) Accuracy / Precision (+/-) 0.1 dKH / 0.05 dKH

How does the reefbot v2 compare to these?

Additionally the mastertronic has a lot of maintenance (which I'm not a fan of) and getting replacement parts is expensive and a pain in the butt. Can you publish here what the maintenance schedule is like for the reefbot v2? Examples would be how often pumps are calibrated, how often tubes are replaced, how often needles are replaced and all associated costs.

Lastly, I read a lot of poor reviews on the v1 which prevented me from purchasing. What fixes have been done to mitigate those issues? I'd like to have a deeper explanation than something like 'we upgraded part x'.

Thanks!

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
-The V2 comes with the 20ml vials, the 60ml will be compatible
-the noise is lower but not a lot
-the wastewater will never be dumped back in the tank as it contains toxic chemicals.
The V2 and V1 are similar in size.
Thank you for all the information provided.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I guess I'll ask more specific questions.

Focustronic publishes this as their precision for each test:
• Nitrate (NO3)Accuracy / Precision (+/-) : 0.5 ppm / 0.1 ppm
• Phosphate (PO4)Accuracy / Precision (+/-): 0.01 ppm / 0.005 ppm
• Magnesium (Mg) Accuracy / Precision (+/-): 20 ppm / 20 ppm
• Calcium (Ca) Accuracy / Precision (+/-): 6 ppm / 6 ppm

• Alkalinity (dKH) Accuracy / Precision (+/-) 0.1 dKH / 0.05 dKH

How does the reefbot v2 compare to these?

Additionally the mastertronic has a lot of maintenance (which I'm not a fan of) and getting replacement parts is expensive and a pain in the butt. Can you publish here what the maintenance schedule is like for the reefbot v2? Examples would be how often pumps are calibrated, how often tubes are replaced, how often needles are replaced and all associated costs.

Lastly, I read a lot of poor reviews on the v1 which prevented me from purchasing. What fixes have been done to mitigate those issues? I'd like to have a deeper explanation than something like 'we upgraded part x'.

Thanks!
We don't compare the ReefBot to other devices as we automated 40 kits and respect the resolution of these test kits.

The precision of the test are the same as the test kit used, so please refer to the reagent manufacturer for this matter.

The maintenance of the Reefbot is pretty straight forward:
Replace needle and syringe every 50 tests or whenever needed
Replace the heads of all pumps: Every six months, or at any sign of malfunctioning
Clean the reaction and rinsing chamber every 2-3 months depending on use

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We don't compare the ReefBot to other devices as we automated 40 kits and respect the resolution of these test kits.

The precision of the test are the same as the test kit used, so please refer to the reagent manufacturer for this matter.

The maintenance of the Reefbot is pretty straight forward:
Replace needle and syringe every 50 tests or whenever needed
Replace the heads of all pumps: Every six months, or at any sign of malfunctioning
Clean the reaction and rinsing chamber every 2-3 months depending on use
This already sounds like more work then my trident. No thanks I’ll stick with my trident

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Dilan,

Wow that is cool. Is there something V1 owners can do at this time to be alerted if/when this becomes available?

This is a tough crowd for some reason. I have had my V1 for a year now. Any issues I’ve had, support helped me resolve. One was my own fault having the unit off for months without purging the lines with RO and the salt dried and clogged the valve that opens/closes the saltwater chamber. Support helped me fix the valve and it has been running 1-2 tests daily for a couple weeks since I got it back up again.

The noise never bothered me, as it is in my fish room. The size could be considered a con I guess but let me tell you trying to perform maintenance on this device is an absolute breeze since it is not all crammed together (I have a KH Guardian as well and it is hard to work on because everything is so tightly packed). If you take both panels off, all of the components are easy to see and access.

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
when will the support portal have the v2 manuals? do you guys have a chart of the test kits supported, number of vials used, and how many test kits are needed to to set up the reefbot? I remember seeing with the v1 you had to buy a couple of some tests, is this still necessary with the new longer reach needles? I'm looking at possibly buying the V2, but I want to plan out the available room for the tests I want to run.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow that is cool. Is there something V1 owners can do at this time to be alerted if/when this becomes available?

This is a tough crowd for some reason. I have had my V1 for a year now. Any issues I’ve had, support helped me resolve. One was my own fault having the unit off for months without purging the lines with RO and the salt dried and clogged the valve that opens/closes the saltwater chamber. Support helped me fix the valve and it has been running 1-2 tests daily for a couple weeks since I got it back up again.

The noise never bothered me, as it is in my fish room. The size could be considered a con I guess but let me tell you trying to perform maintenance on this device is an absolute breeze since it is not all crammed together (I have a KH Guardian as well and it is hard to work on because everything is so tightly packed). If you take both panels off, all of the components are easy to see and access.
Great to hear that you love your ReefBot.
We will post on R2R and our social media when the 60ml are release.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
when will the support portal have the v2 manuals? do you guys have a chart of the test kits supported, number of vials used, and how many test kits are needed to to set up the reefbot? I remember seeing with the v1 you had to buy a couple of some tests, is this still necessary with the new longer reach needles? I'm looking at possibly buying the V2, but I want to plan out the available room for the tests I want to run.
Thanks for your these questions.
Here’s the link for the number of reagents per test

This table is for the V1 and you’ll have more test per refill with the V2
You can test with 1 kit on 10ml reagent but it will not fill our vial that are 20ml and later on 60ml

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Somewhat critical feedback of the v1 product. And I won't be trying the v2 product any time soon unless highly discounted. Interested to hear what Reef Kinetics has to say in this forum.

Reached out to Reef Kinetics tonight regarding another in a long line of Reefbot failures. Currently neither RO nor test chamber fill. Past history of test chamber overflows, test chamber dry, RO chamber dry, bad stirrer, bent needles, bent arm upon initial receipt. Inquired about refurb or v2 upgrade/trade. Exact message sent via FB Messenger and Support portal:

Does Reef Kinetics offer a refurb or v2 upgrade promotion? Preferrably refurb so I don't have to sink any more money into this product? I am attempting to get Reefbot RK0114 online and operational before I give up on it and throw it in the trash heap. Calibration of test chamber fails. Chamber is bone dry. Calibration of RO chamber fails. Chamber is also bone dry. In both cases attempting to draw water from a bowl of water immediately in front of unit with hoses submerged.

I am not a DIY person and have no desire to troubleshoot extensively and/or repair/replace the pumps myself. I'd rather just pay a reasonable premium to have unit repaired, refurbished or upgraded to a working, tested and accurate unit. I was an early adopter and have never trusted the accuracy of my bot. I've only infrequently tried the unit after the initial novelty excitement wore off and disappointment set in. Check my test history and you'll understand. I have accepted the reality of throwing my bot in the trash and waiting impatiently for the Mastertronic to be released in the US. Already embraced their other products.

Up much of the night waiting and communicating with them due to timezone differences. Nearly blew a gasket when offered v2 unit at $800. Refurb not to exceed $100 but I have to cover shipping. Maybe letting v2 sticker shock cloud my judgement but even questioning that as I get back a bot that was released prematurely, is finicky and fragile and frequently produces inaccurate results. Have had Alkatronic and Dosetronic since early on and hear rave reviews of Mastertronic from outside the US. Really feeling as though latest pump issue is last straw for Reefbot. On verge of throwing it in the trash and waiting for Mastertronic. Am I foolish for doing so?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back