Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
I will give them some credit. Communicated with them via the support portal last night. I am not at all pleased with the results but at least they replied. Still working with them through Support portal and Facebook channels. Actually ended the Support communication this morning expressing my frustration and stating my intention to simply discard the unit and cut my losses. After I posted to Facebook they've changed their position a little bit. I'm still torn sinking any more time or money into this thing.

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think they said a new needle every 25 tests? If this is correct it’s a hard pass. Not sure if mastetronic is any better. Will be go the apex trident route and manual check PO4.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think they said a new needle every 25 tests? If this is correct it’s a hard pass. Not sure if mastetronic is any better. Will be go the apex trident route and manual check PO4.
This is exactly my feeling

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Also with something that needs to be changed so often I would expect to have issues with that part and possibly needing to replace even more often

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Also with something that needs to be changed so often I would expect to have issues with that part and possibly needing to replace even more often
So the V1 needs to be replaced every 60 tests. I can say that you really don't wanna go past that as that needle gets real blunt and causes 2 problems. 1 being the septa gets town up and because of this torn up septa little bits and pieces gets caught in the needle causing a clog making the test useless as no reagent will be drawn up.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So the V1 needs to be replaced every 60 tests. I can say that you really don't wanna go past that as that needle gets real blunt and causes 2 problems. 1 being the septa gets town up and because of this torn up septa little bits and pieces gets caught in the needle causing a clog making the test useless as no reagent will be drawn up.
60 tests would be a lot better. Can you tell me how often must you perform a test? So how long can you stretch the 60 tests out? Like trident is min 4x a day tests. 1 test a day would be 60days and 1 test every other day would be 4 months now that’s great

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
60 tests would be a lot better. Can you tell me how often must you perform a test? So how long can you stretch the 60 tests out? Like trident is min 4x a day tests. 1 test a day would be 60days and 1 test every other day would be 4 months now that’s great
so it really depends on how you use the 8 vials. So for me I was running api no3, red sea po4, red sea alk and api calc. so 4 parameters total. then you can choose when each parameter tested. So you can run alk daily and the other 2x a week or do all parameters 1x a week or do some biweekly/monthly etc. . It really depends on when you want results for the parameters you choose to test.

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am looking to get those white rubber lid pads used on those reagent glass vials. Seems like a waste to throw out the glass vials when all is needed the rubber padding to be replaced. Thanks.

Attachments

• glass vial.JPG
    glass vial.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, did the team respond? If not please private message us your email and serial number of the device.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looking to see how people like the V2 product. My V1 reefbot has been sitting for about 6-8months as a very expensive paper weight... they have taken the ideas of the OG reefbot supporters on things that needed to be addressed for V2 which I applaud you guys for listening! I would like to get this thing operational once again but with upgraded parts as I am done dealing with the issues of V1.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Looking to see how people like the V2 product. My V1 reefbot has been sitting for about 6-8months as a very expensive paper weight... they have taken the ideas of the OG reefbot supporters on things that needed to be addressed for V2 which I applaud you guys for listening! I would like to get this thing operational once again but with upgraded parts as I am done dealing with the issues of V1.
Hello,

Please contact us on [email protected]

Our support team will assist you and make sure that the bot is fully functional.

Thanks

ScoobyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
I will give them some credit. Communicated with them via the support portal last night. I am not at all pleased with the results but at least they replied. Still working with them through Support portal and Facebook channels. Actually ended the Support communication this morning expressing my frustration and stating my intention to simply discard the unit and cut my losses. After I posted to Facebook they've changed their position a little bit. I'm still torn sinking any more time or money into this thing.
dang im also in the market for an automatic tester, after reading this im just gona get the Alkatronic.

whitejawfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Reef kenetics gas promised to release a doser that would communicate with their reefbot V1 by march 2020. More than a year later and still no release date or doser on thier product lineup. When can we see the doser being offered? And will they be compatible for V1 users. I am a bit dismayed that v1 users supported the company and feel they are being left behind. A substantial discount on v2 upgrade should be seriously considered by reef kenetics for v1 users to continue supporting the company.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Reef kenetics gas promised to release a doser that would communicate with their reefbot V1 by march 2020. More than a year later and still no release date or doser on thier product lineup. When can we see the doser being offered? And will they be compatible for V1 users. I am a bit dismayed that v1 users supported the company and feel they are being left behind. A substantial discount on v2 upgrade should be seriously considered by reef kenetics for v1 users to continue supporting the company.
Hello,

the doser will be ready in June and will be compatible with the V1, V2, Pro and other devices that will be released in the future.
As for the upgrade from V1 to V2, we worked on it and it would not be possible due to major changes in the hardware, knowing that the V1 if working normally.

Mike H2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

the doser will be ready in June and will be compatible with the V1, V2, Pro and other devices that will be released in the future.
As for the upgrade from V1 to V2, we worked on it and it would not be possible due to major changes in the hardware, knowing that the V1 if working normally.
Will this doser be able to perform other functions like ATO/AWC ?

Back