Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing this, as I don't see the Mastertronic coming in-stock anytime soon. And the Trident does test everything, and you have to use their reagents. I like being able to choose.
Not thrilled about the needle every 25 tests, but I'm sure we can buy needles in bulk pretty cheap.
Waiting to hear when these might be back in stock.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing this, as I don't see the Mastertronic coming in-stock anytime soon. And the Trident does test everything, and you have to use their reagents. I like being able to choose.
Not thrilled about the needle every 25 tests, but I'm sure we can buy needles in bulk pretty cheap.
Waiting to hear when these might be back in stock.
Hello,
The needle last for 60 tests. Cheers

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
At this point I feel like reefbot (which was an awesome idea) had it's day and failed to pan out. Now we just hope GHL comes down enough to compete with/out compete Apex. *Fingers crossed*

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I never had Reefbot but being the first to do what they did so many moving parts bound to be issues i do see some poeple with great results and most them im sure ar every technically minded some issues anrt really issue. really best way would be like GHL, Dont know why they could have KH and ION in one just have 2 probs one pump is for reagent so you actually use 4 pumps all other pumps do same as other when testing. Just thoughts. I will look at Reefbot V2 as still nothing to test PO4 on a sensor

mdowney

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Did these guys go out of business? I’d love to try a ReefBot but it looks like the company hasn’t been active for quite a while. Anyone aware of an alternative? Particularly interested in automated testing of nitrates and phosphates.

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I still run a reefboy v1 to to check nitrates and phosphates.

Using a reefbot initially requires time and patience. But once you have a system set, understand how things work and work with their staff - you can achieve an automated test system.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Reefbot v1 needed constant tinkering and maintenance... to the point of less time was involved to just do my weekly titration tests... the worst piece of equipment I've ever wasted $ on. Customer service was good but they ended up making you the technician and guinea pig for their premature product you paid good $ for.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back