ReefBreeders or Giesemann Aurora V4 hybrid

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I am setting up a Cade S2pro1500 (60 x 23.5 x 23.5 inch) early next year and need help in choosing the lights

1. Reef breeders photons V2+ 50'. This will be with their new BOT mounts.

OR

2. Giesemann AuroraV4 hybrid 48' model- Hanging 12' above WL

I will need to import more or less any light brand that's available , so might as well put the money on the best one.
Even though my build is still away, it will take some time to gather stuff, so i better get going!!

Any thoughts, inputs, advice , all will be helpful. Not limited just to these 2 brands.

Thanks

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

OP
OP
oldmonk

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
Thanks for writing. I am looking at 75-80% lps and softies with some hardy sps. The reason for avoiding multiple led pucks/slabs is to have a total cover, rather than later looking at options to retrofit t5s /led bars etc.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for writing. I am looking at 75-80% lps and softies with some hardy sps. The reason for avoiding multiple led pucks/slabs is to have a total cover, rather than later looking at options to retrofit t5s /led bars etc.
I think either would be fine. I'd tend towards the Reefbreeders as well for simplicity.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate..
Personally I would go with the Aurora. I like the lenses a lot better and T5’s are awesome. Also has a higher “wife acceptance factor” ;)

My tank under the aurora (I’ve mounted orpheks so that I can run 6500k bulbs without it being to yellow)
1632569852677.jpeg

Edit: if you want options that are lacking the T5’s for some reason check out LaniLeds and GNC. Good light with proper build quality.

OP
OP
oldmonk

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would go with the Aurora. I like the lenses a lot better and T5’s are awesome. Also has a higher “wife acceptance factor” ;)

My tank under the aurora (I’ve mounted orpheks so that I can run 6500k bulbs without it being to yellow)
1632569852677.jpeg

Edit: if you want options that are lacking the T5’s for some reason check out LaniLeds and GNC. Good light with proper build quality.
Looks like i saw this tank on instagram. Are you on insta by the name Viking reefer?.
Is that Aurora 1200mm over 150cm tank?

Wife acceptance factor applies to me big time, when am away at sea, she's the one to look after the tank. lucky that she's also interested in this hobby.. wouldn't have been here otherwise..

Will look up Lani leds..Thanks

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like i saw this tank on instagram. Are you on insta by the name Viking reefer?.
Is that Aurora 1200mm over 150cm tank?

Wife acceptance factor applies to me big time, when am away at sea, she's the one to look after the tank. lucky that she's also interested in this hobby.. wouldn't have been here otherwise..

Will look up Lani leds..Thanks
Yeah, that would be me haha.
You are correct about the dimensions :)

OP
OP
oldmonk

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1632569852677.jpeg

Once again coming back to the Aurora V4, what are your findings/observations on the par for these 1200mm ? Offlate read few posts that some hobbyists are not very happy with the par produced and they opted for a different brand altoghether .. This decision on lights is getting tougher day by day ;)..

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again coming back to the Aurora V4, what are your findings/observations on the par for these 1200mm ? Offlate read few posts that some hobbyists are not very happy with the par produced and they opted for a different brand altoghether .. This decision on lights is getting tougher day by day ;)..
I mapped out the par values a while back with a seneye:

OP
OP
oldmonk

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, for my new set up , I am thinking of using my hydras from the old tank and make it a hybrid set up. So the t5 fixture will be from the top and the hydras will be placed slightly at an angle from both the sides .
Leds will be used for sunrise / sunset and the t5s will take care of the max photo period. All of this will be at 12" AWL.
IMG-20211012-WA0011.jpg

Does this sound sensible enough or there will be some major issues gng ahead which I am not seeing..
Pls advice

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back