Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,

I'm getting ready to setup a 6 foot peninsula (72x25x24) and am debating lighting. I haven't ruled out any options, but two I'm considering are a pair of ReefBreeders Photon 32 V2 Pro, or a pair of Orphek Atlantik iCons. I'd love some recommendations on pros/cons of each, and am open to any other recommendations people have. Because of how I'm setting the tank up, my preference is to hang the lights from the ceiling.

Thanks!

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
OP
W

WhenKeepinItReefGoesWrong

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've ran a Photon 32 V2+ over my 40B for a year now. I very happy with it.

What kind of questions do you have about it?
Right on, what kind of tank are you running? My main concerns are the width of my tank (25") and if you struggle with any shadowing from the spread?

FullSend

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Right on, what kind of tank are you running? My main concerns are the width of my tank (25") and if you struggle with any shadowing from the spread?
I'm running a 40 B and have the lights hung ~1.5ft from the top of the tank. My tank is only 18" wide. but the coverage is great, they even cover quite a bit of the floor around the tank.

The reefbreeders website has some great information about the spread. It looks like they think you can cover a 24" wide tank with 1 light.

Corals.com

Kalinina

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Part of it depends on your budget. The photons are good lights but the Atlantik are excellent lights. If the budget allows, I'd definitely opt for the Atlantik... you'll light it up very well with 2 fixtures.
Hi! I have the same question and am hopping on this thread, I hope the OP doesn’t mind!

I’m buying lighting for a 96x30x24 tank, do you think two Icons will be enough coverage for softies/zoas/BTA? That is the only coral I will keep in that tank. Trying to decide if I need two or 3 Icons (or 2 Icons and one compact, or just go with photons). Thanks!

outhouse

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi! I have the same question and am hopping on this thread, I hope the OP doesn’t mind!

I’m buying lighting for a 96x30x24 tank, do you think two Icons will be enough coverage for softies/zoas/BTA? That is the only coral I will keep in that tank. Trying to decide if I need two or 3 Icons (or 2 Icons and one compact, or just go with photons). Thanks!
3 minimum

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 317 51.5%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 45 7.3%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 52 8.4%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 41 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%
Cherry Corals Polyp-Palooza Dec 18th and 19th!