Reefbrite mounting bracket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefsic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in the USA you can send me your address and we can get a set in the mail for you.
The DX18, is different from the first generation.
It has a more aesthetic finished edge. Are the brackets you are referring to the same as pictured in the example post? These are showing placed on the front and back edges. I also have a dx18 24” and am currently using a 360x with your bracket but would like to implement a couple reefbrite strips.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Unfortunately the DX18 side extrusion channel is larger than the original and the anchors we have will not fit.

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the DX18 side extrusion channel is larger than the original and the anchors we have will not fit.
That’s unfortunate, any work around you can suggest for adding a reefbrite xho to the dx18? I’m understanding I can probably add it in the center where I currently have the 360x bracket with the supplied led brackets that came with the dx18. I believe I would have to do away with the 360x in the center though based on size or space limits for the center channel/ portion of the fixture.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Unfortunately, we do not have a suggestion on the side mounts for the DX18 models. What are the dimensions of the XHO I can check the space between the 360 and the sides of the fixture for you.

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, we do not have a suggestion on the side mounts for the DX18 models. What are the dimensions of the XHO I can check the space between the 360 and the sides of the fixture for you.
I would ideally like to add a couple of the 24” high octane lumen bars on the front and back, but these measure to my understanding 23.6 L by 1”h and 1”w.

I’m thinking the measurement inside the housing though is right at 23” long if I’m
correct.

Another option would be adding a couple Lumilite strips that may fit in the center in addition to the 360x which would measure 18” long by 1.25”w by 1.1”h.

Again, I would ideally like to somehow incorporate the 24 “ lumen bars, but would consider any options you may have.

I appreciate you willing to research and give me your professional opinion on this question. @AquaticLifeProducts. Great customer care.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
So the inner dimension of the 24" DX18 is 22.83" so a little short for the 24" High Octane lumen bars in the center.

There is a little over 1.25" of clearance between the fixture and the 360X bracket internally. So like you mentioned the 18" version should clear.

One customer mounted the LED bar bracket to the side of the DX18 but you want to verify the ballast placement in the fixture. Along with the wiring if you drill into the sides.

Any thoughts to having a thin metal bar run from back to front on the left and right side with a thin profile to attach the bars? It could lay on top of the fixture? Don't want to take away from the looks though.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any other options for mounting the LED bars to the DX18.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back