Reefbrite X-Series Dual or Quad for 36"x24"

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at this fixture as a contender for my upcoming 36"x24"x16" SPS reef.

Fixture will be run with 2 x A360X, and XHO will be used for viewing only (I don't care about the addition of PAR).

I will use the XHO frequently for viewing, without the A360X on. Will the 2 x XHO cover the footprint of the tank, or do I need the fixture with 4 x XHO bars?

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at this fixture as a contender for my upcoming 36"x24"x16" SPS reef.

Fixture will be run with 2 x A360X, and XHO will be used for viewing only (I don't care about the addition of PAR).

I will use the XHO frequently for viewing, without the A360X on. Will the 2 x XHO cover the footprint of the tank, or do I need the fixture with 4 x XHO bars?
2 XHO bars will certainly cover the footprint. And if you're looking for pop and not concerned about par, I think you'll be happy with 2. The reflectors in the strips create good spread.

I have 2 48" bars over my 48" tank with the purpose of pop and color, and run them all day + for an hour at both the beginning and tail end of my photoperiod. They definitely hold their own by themselves. And this is in a deeper tank.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 XHO bars will certainly cover the footprint. And if you're looking for pop and not concerned about par, I think you'll be happy with 2. The reflectors in the strips create good spread.

I have 2 48" bars over my 48" tank with the purpose of pop and color, and run them all day + for an hour at both the beginning and tail end of my photoperiod. They definitely hold their own by themselves. And this is in a deeper tank.
Thanks for the reply - great to hear I can get the coverage I need and save some $$ on the fixture too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back