Reefbrite XHO-K15 LED Add-on kit for Radion XR15

TheBiochemist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear reefers,

to improve a lightning coverage and colors, I just installed a Reefbrite XHO LEDs for Radion XR15 PRO. I would like to kindly ask on your opinion on lightning schedule.

For Radions, Im currently using lightning schedule beginning with modified AB+ (added more whites) and finishing with classic AB+, schedule intensity 50%, total period 12 h - photo attached. My tank is 60x40 cm that might be OK according to EcoTech guidelines, but still, I was missing better coverage. Now, the coverage and overall look of the tank seems to be much better, but Im not sure about the time schedule of Reefbrite LEDs. Should they be switched on during the whole time period of Radions or only during a part of it?

My tank is SPS dominat and corals look great. I dont have a PAR meter (tried the Photone app but it showed me only about 280 PAR on the water surface, which I dont want to believe).

I would really appreciate any insights/suggestions from you with better lightning experiences.:) Thanks!

2320AA70-D20F-489D-A0ED-C0931C09ED6D.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the Reef Brite Wireless Bluetooth LE controller? I think if you want to mirror or at least augment the Radion schedule you might need this. Otherwise I would probably have the Reef Brites come on at the 4th point in your schedule and off at the 8th point (wasn't sure about the exact times).

OP
OP
TheBiochemist

TheBiochemist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the Reef Brite Wireless Bluetooth LE controller? I think if you want to mirror or at least augment the Radion schedule you might need this. Otherwise I would probably have the Reef Brites come on at the 4th point in your schedule and off at the 8th point (wasn't sure about the exact times).
Unfortunately no, I dont have a controller. I really wish to have one but although the lights are available (Amazon), it looks impossible to get controller in Czech Republic. Many thanks for your suggestion on the scheduling! I will give it a try and start to optimize it.:)

OP
OP
TheBiochemist

TheBiochemist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious...how does it look compared to before? I am considering them for my Hydra 32s.
I like it. The fixture looks cool (for Radions I own the RMS mount) and it really helps with the coverage. It gives more intensive “blue” look, which is something I prefer. I run them 2nd day and it looks that PE on some of my acros is improved. But to fully validate this I will need more time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back