Reefer 170 cabinet as storage for equipment next to Reefer 625 XXL?

Good idea to use a Reefer 170 stand as a secondary storage?

• Total voters

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Just wanted to check in with you guys on using a Red Sea Reefer 170 cabinet to place next to my Reefer 625 XXL? I was looking at options to have another cabinet for storage and equipment as am thinking that the finish and height of a Reefer 170 cabinet should be a great match. Anything I'm not thinking of here? Any reason why it wouldn't be a good idea?

Thanks a bunch!
Matthias

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems a huge waste of the Tank stand to be honest. Also it would nullify the use of the tank. However if you have a spare cabinet just laying around sure use it.
I looked at several cabinet options for next to my tank.
1. Home depot, lowes and Ikea all have kitchen style cabinets that come in a satin black smooth door. You just need to put a nice top on it.
2. a Pantry style cabinet is a great tall cabinet that would look nice and store larger equipment.

I ended up just getting a short black cabinet from Ikea (havsta). It’s the same height as the tank cabinet. Not a perfect match but no one is looking at the accessory cabinet. I ended up building a tall cabinet like a pantry cabinet to store other things on the other side.

Here's the cabinet, it says Dark brown.. But it's nearly black

Last edited:
OP
OP
matthias_bln

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, despite everything said I did go ahead and ordered a Reefer 170 cabinet in black. I will figure out how to deal with the top, but the idea of a stand almost the same height (1cm difference) with the same door and finish and a perfect 20’‘x20‘‘ footprint sounded too tempting.

I will publicly admit it as a mistake if it doesn‘t work out ;-)

Rspsturgis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, despite everything said I did go ahead and ordered a Reefer 170 cabinet in black. I will figure out how to deal with the top, but the idea of a stand almost the same height (1cm difference) with the same door and finish and a perfect 20’‘x20‘‘ footprint sounded too tempting.

I will publicly admit it as a mistake if it doesn‘t work out ;-)
Hi, did you order direct from Red Sea? I read shipping alone was $250. Thanks

OP
OP
matthias_bln

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rspsturgis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not cheap, but here’s where I got it:

While the box is not very large or super-heavy, it did come via freight. Very happy with it.

Matthias
Great that shipping freight is free to CA. Is the top also laminate black? Or mismatched since RS figures you will be placing a tank? Thanks again.

OP
OP
matthias_bln

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1439.jpeg

Rspsturgis

Community Member
View Badges