Red Sea REEFER 250 ALL Pre-Conditioned and most CAPTIVE-BRED Fish, SPS, Zoanthids. Slow Poke Reef. WE HAVE WATER!! start page 61.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 24V to 12V step down fan soldered and heat shrunk. I connected it to the EB832 and it works great. Now I need to mount it in the utility cabinet to keep the electronics cool.
ACE561AB-2FBF-4161-887B-8F1B3D6849C1.jpeg
Nice setup, thanks for sharing and taking the time.

Also with regards to the fan - I saw a video of someone doing this a while back and thought about doing something similar. Sort of forgot about that option until I passed by your thread.
@saf1 I’m looking back on my build and noticed a couple of posts we had together about this DIY fan and I’m wondering if you ever got that project going?

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brent Behringer I have the Klir Di-4 too and am really excited about it. I've used filter socks before and liked the results but got tired of cleaning them. What return pump did you get?
@Brent Behringer can’t remember what’s going on with your build right now but do you have your Klir running yet?

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not replace it with a sheet of ply? Would be much easier.
@samnaz I just noticed I missed replying to your post here. Two pages back, sorry. I had too much finish work done on the particle board to switch to something else at that time. Template positioning, brick holder mounting, and part of the grommet holes drilled out to name a few. At the time I wrecked the board with that one hole saw drilling—that board project was over 95% done.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Klir, just don't have the tank up and running yet. Just finished my rock scape Saturday
@Well I can't wait until you do. I'm sure you'll get your Klir running before I do mine. I think there's an optional roller advancer that's manually rotated instead of the electric motor. I've read the control box for the Klir can occasionally be faulty so if mine is bad I could always go with the manual advancer.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your build is coming along great. I remember you were interested in captive bred fish, and i dont know if you saw, but biota has gone public so you can buy captive bred fish straight from them, and they have a good selection of angels and other species like royal grammas and some cool gobies.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your build is looking good. A lot of great equipment and that sumo is WOW.
Muscly jealous of the view and cows. Grew up on a small farm and cows was majority of my life
@Crabby48 thanks for the compliments!!!! Don’t know what a sumo is. The cows, ranch, and the community in this beautiful place are top notch. All this and family and reefing is my life!!!!

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha sump not sumo. I love your sump.
@Crabby48 hahaha LOL That’s funny I use my iPhone for this about 97% of the time so I don’t have typos. Can’t recognize a typo for the life of me!!!!!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 hahaha LOL That’s funny I use my iPhone for this about 97% of the time so I don’t have typos. Can’t recognize a typo for the life of me!!!!!
I only use an iPhone but bad eyes and I miss typos. My spellcheck corrects word that are correct and leaves ones when my fat fingers hit the wrong letter.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your build is coming along great. I remember you were interested in captive bred fish, and i dont know if you saw, but biota has gone public so you can buy captive bred fish straight from them, and they have a good selection of angels and other species like royal grammas and some cool gobies.
@Angel_Anthias lover I really like Biota's Forktail Blenny and Blue Mandarin. Not sure about their Coral Beauty though. I'd rather have a pair of Pygmy Cherubs from ORA as far as Angels go. Since the Cherubs are smaller it would be easier to put a pair in than a pair of Captive-B Coral B. I did a search and didn't see their Royal Grammas. Do you have a link?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angel_Anthias lover I really like Biota's Forktail Blenny and Blue Mandarin. Not sure about their Coral Beauty though. I'd rather have a pair of Pygmy Cherubs from ORA as far as Angels go. Since the Cherubs are smaller it would be easier to put a pair in than a pair of Captive-B Coral B. I did a search and didn't see their Royal Grammas. Do you have a link?
Thats it there, but seems out of stock sorry. Theyll probably have them in again sometime

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a couple fish from them to arrive next week. Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats it there, but seems out of stock sorry. Theyll probably have them in again sometime
@Angel_Anthias lover wow I didn't see that! there are 4 pages of fish for sale on Biota's website. I didn't see the button to click to the next page and only though there was one page. Now I also like their Lemonpeel and Multibar angels. Don't you have their Multibar?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angel_Anthias lover wow I didn't see that! there are 4 pages of fish for sale on Biota's website. I didn't see the button to click to the next page and only though there was one page. Now I also like their Lemonpeel and Multibar angels. Don't you have their Multibar?
Yea they have a great selection. Sadly dont have their multibar, mines is wild caught. But in the future i will definitely get one of their captive bred ones.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SkiCatTX which fish do you have ordered? I can't wait to see them in your tank!
Purple Tang and Gold Lined Rabbitfish!

I have wanted a Purple Tang for a while (not a fan of the yellow) so when some captive-bred ones came up for sale I jumped on it. I'm not exactly excited about it being the first tang, but they are so rarely available... Hopefully I can get a Blue Hippo Tang soon and can introduce them at the same time with the Rabbit Fish and lessen any issues with them and my other fish.

Might be a good time to get a bunch of mirrors...lol.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they have a great selection. Sadly dont have their multibar, mines is wild caught. But in the future i will definitely get one of their captive bred ones.
@Angel_Anthias lover you can get Biota’s stuff in Ireland? That’s great!! What other online LFS can you get in N. Ireland!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back