Reefer 250 and Turbostart 900

kylemg2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i had to switch my tank over to the reefer 250 sooner then i would like to have due to a leak in my old tank all i moved was my two clown fish and firefish the reefer 250 had carib sea live dry rock and all new live sand in it but wasn't cycled so i added Turbostart 900 3 days ago and my nitrite and nitrate are threw the roof and idk if i did something wrong or not or if its suppose to be like that ill take any advice i can get

OP
OP
K

kylemg2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will retest tomorrow and update with actual numbers and im using API and hanna digital for nitrate
here are my latest results IMG_4446.jpg IMG_4448.jpg

OP
OP
K

kylemg2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia? Also, you said Caribsea live rock, you mean Life rock? Did you not move any of your old rock? If not, may I ask why?
ammonia is 0 and yes life rock. i didnt move anything because the plan was to just have another tank all together and when my other one failed i was in a panic to clean up and just threw it all outside

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s understandable. Too much good bacteria isn’t really a thing, so I would say if you could pit some existing rock in their as well as the bottled bac that would be a solid move. You can always take the cultured rock back out after it helps seed the new stuff. Might (small chance) help keep the uglies at a minimum too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back