Reefer 250 Build. 15 years away from the hobby but I am back

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did and used the same screws for the plywood false wall and the IKEA cabinet. Just need be vary careful when screwing into the IKEA cabinet its thin and hollow. Its not hard hard to do
I forgot to update you that I finished my cabinet a while ago

DFD31E21-BFC7-4279-9235-BA3D55A5C685.jpeg
BF30F55D-DD33-482B-8EE4-927AA06B9F7D.jpeg

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :) thanks to you and Reef2reef community really for the inspiration and ideas. Yes I am proud of it. There is always room for improvement of course.
I agree we are always looking to improve things. While my cable management is OK it could be better. I am a little OCD :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what levels do you keep your water parameter at? Nice pics! FTS maybe?
Hey there... I really don't have a good FTS but will post an old one. The tank is mainly full of frags and frag racks but are growing great. I have listed my water param below . I am following a process by @PSXerholic Andre Muller. By follow his process you does elements per ICP test. Been follow it for about 4 months now my tank is really starting to take off. By this time next year the frags should really start to full in the tank

Po4 - .04
No3 - 6.0
Screenshot_20200911-194123_Apex Fusion.jpg
1.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there... I really don't have a good FTS but will post an old one. The tank is mainly full of frags and frag racks but are growing great. I have listed my water param below . I am following a process by @PSXerholic Andre Muller. By follow his process you does elements per ICP test. Been follow it for about 4 months now my tank is really starting to take off. By this time next year the frags should really start to full in the tank

Po4 - .04
No3 - 6.0
1.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Looks great!

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Po4 - .04
No3 - 6.0
1.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
Look at that coraline algae? That all happened in a year only?? Did you dose anything to grow the coraline? How did you do it?

I am running 8 dkh Alk in my tank. After I watched the BRS master video tonight, I think I am going to raise it to 9. Is it okay to raise 1 dkh in one dose?

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take it easy buddy! I would do this over a few weeks IMO.
few weeks to raise 1 dkh? I read some said on forums that 1 dkh per day is acceptable. I wanted to know what everyone thinks here.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see at least 10Gs in your set up lol I was gonna say that reefing today is a whole lot different than 15 years ago but after looking at your equipment you got me beat lol

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at that coraline algae? That all happened in a year only?? Did you dose anything to grow the coraline? How did you do it?

I am running 8 dkh Alk in my tank. After I watched the BRS master video tonight, I think I am going to raise it to 9. Is it okay to raise 1 dkh in one dose?

I would not raise you Alk more .50 in a day. Just to be safe.. Its more about stability for alk then a particular number. If you are running lower nutrients I would not got to high on alk or will impact your coral color. That coraline algae is only 7-8 months work of growth. I added 2 bottles of this from Alage Barn. Got to maintain proper Alk, Mag and Cal. You have to follow the instructions to the letter for it take off

worth. I added
Capture.JPG

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see at least 10Gs in your set up lol I was gonna say that reefing today is a whole lot different than 15 years ago but after looking at your equipment you got me beat lol

I work in IT so the tech stuff I love. I wanted my tank automated as much as possible cuz of work travel but hell don't have to worry about travel with the Rona.. I don't have kids so got little extra $ to use up.. You don't need all of the gear to have a super tank

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in IT so the tech stuff I love. I wanted my tank automated as much as possible cuz of work travel but hell don't have to worry about travel with the Rona.. I don't have kids so got little extra $ to use up.. You don't need all of the gear to have a super tank
Well I know that because my tank is SUPER lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back