Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your scape looks great !

Thank you!!

Unfortunately not long after the Dino was cleared up, the right side of my rock structure fell. :mad: So now I have a bit of a different scape as trying to do what I had in the past was nearly impossible.

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!

Unfortunately not long after the Dino was cleared up, the right side of my rock structure fell. :mad: So now I have a bit of a different scape as trying to do what I had in the past was nearly impossible.
OHHH NOOO!!! Weld that sucker !

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHHH NOOO!!! Weld that sucker !

Hahaha. I tired but I originally used jb water weld and it fell during the time I was adding new acro. It was to risky to try and fix the scape without disturbing all the acro I already have. I instead added some extra rock and gave myself more places to add even more acros ;):D

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly appreciate the kind words about my dad! It wasn’t the easiest of years but I’m glad things are getting better with time.

I would definitely agree that Reef tanks can heal a person. However in this case, it was tough! Dino and dealing with my dads health/loss made me feel like I didn’t have a single good place to turn to. But I truly thank my wife and everyone on the forum for telling me not to give up on the Dino. Thank goodness I didn’t! Now I’m in an incredible place with life and just the tank brings pure happiness when I look at it.

Life gets better and I’m truly blessed!

The JFF is truly beautiful in person. I was in shock when I placed it in my tank.

So the red wrasse was a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse. I say was because one day I was stearing at the tank and the fish almost had a stroke/heartattack. It almost looked like it got electrocuted and sporadically started swimming everywhere. Literally within seconds it was dead however it was healthy and with me for many months. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Well I am glad it has worked out, and we look forward to updated pictures!

Sorry about the wrasse, that is crazy! He was beautiful.
Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!!
Cheers

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am glad it has worked out, and we look forward to updated pictures!

Sorry about the wrasse, that is crazy! He was beautiful.
Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!!
Cheers

Thank you! I will definitely continue posting pictures for everyone!

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few photos that shows the new scape as the original one collapsed. Part of me thinks it’s because the sand wasn’t hold the rock well since I decided to go bare bottom since the Dino outbreak. It was devastating however you just gotta move forward and make the best of it. I decided to add a little more rock as well.

FTS (Picture taken 2/27/18)
288AA183-1D83-43B2-A946-E4E3B36FB1E2.jpeg
6B1C7BC3-D05B-43F0-874F-5959E2B113E0.jpeg
DB68068D-9652-4932-8B37-EDD90106885D.jpeg
A2827CA0-C6A5-4D27-BA4C-FA325C8E33F3.jpeg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape actually looks quite natural, works with the BB. It's going to look fantastic as it grows in.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape actually looks quite natural, works with the BB. It's going to look fantastic as it grows in.

Thank you!! I look forward to seeing everything grow in. I never liked the bare bottom look but somehow after the Dino, I fell in love with how my tank looks without sand. Not sure if I’ll go back :D

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great. I'll be following along, for some reason I wasn't following your thread. Sounds like we've been through some of the same trials and tribulations. Glad to see you're on the other side of it now.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
simply beautiful!!

Very nice :)

Thank you!!!!
Your tank looks great. I'll be following along, for some reason I wasn't following your thread. Sounds like we've been through some of the same trials and tribulations. Glad to see you're on the other side of it now.

Thanks for the compliment!! Yeah, it seems like we definitely have! I’m glad to be on the other side as well and I thank you for helping out when I had some of my own questions!

I hope things are going well for you at this point too!

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing foxfaces with their fins displayed like that. My magnificent will sort of pulse his. Such a neat sight to see. Great photos!

Yeah it was total accident that I snapped the photo hence why that wasn’t as clear as some of the other photos.

The foxface really is a neat fish. The only thing is mine is a Monti cap eater :eek::eek::eek:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice setup and pics.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally don't like the look of bare bottom, but how your rock is spread out, it looks nice! How do you feel the wrasse do without the sand?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back