Reefer 750 XXL & Reef Octopus VarioS-8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the Reefer 750 XXL with the Reef Octopus VarioS-8? If yes, what level are you running it at? I have it at level 2. Anything higher, it pumps too much and the water level in the return chamber drops quickly. Thank you in advance.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the Reefer 750 XXL with the Reef Octopus VarioS-8? If yes, what level are you running it at? I have it at level 2. Anything higher, it pumps too much and the water level in the return chamber drops quickly. Thank you in advance.
I dont have quite that set up - but dont you have to balance your pump with the overflow return? On my 525 if I turn up my DC pump I need to adjust the gate valve on the return to match. I assume its the same on yours.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have quite that set up - but dont you have to balance your pump with the overflow return? On my 525 if I turn up my DC pump I need to adjust the gate valve on the return to match. I assume its the same on yours.

It should be the same. I need to find out if I should turn it clockwise or anti-clockwise to increase the water coming down the overflow return.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
righty tighty lefty loosie
turn it anti-clockwise to increase the flow from the tank to the sump. One click at a time and wait 10-20 minutes, then try again. Its fidgety. Set your return pump to the correct flow, then change your gate valve to match.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
righty tighty lefty loosie
turn it anti-clockwise to increase the flow from the tank to the sump. One click at a time and wait 10-20 minutes, then try again. Its fidgety. Set your return pump to the correct flow, then change your gate valve to match.

Should I increase the flow from the tank to the sump first or increase the return pump first?

Nervous on the latter as I don't want the pump to run dry. Is that possible?

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has a second down pipe so if you pump too much water into it, it overflows back to the sump. You wont run dry. You wont overflow the display.
Turn up the pump to where you want it, then adjust the gate valve.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has a second down pipe so if you pump too much water into it, it overflows back to the sump. You wont run dry. You wont overflow the display.
Turn up the pump to where you want it, then adjust the gate valve.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep - it can take a few hours to dial in to eliminate the noise! I wish Red Sea put better gate valves on the system. Your varios should be great at any speed.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late, but I run the XXL and the Various 8. The 8 is set to full speed and then, like spiraling said, I adjusted the gate value and everything works great. All-though a do get a gurgle now and then that I'm still messing with.

kashif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I just recently got 750xxl and setting it up with Varios 8. I am having difficulty with my plumbing. On varios pump side, the barb fitting is too big for 1 inch braided pipe. If i go with a bigger braided pipe then its too loose for 750xxl return plumbing. Did you use hard plumbing. How fid you reduce the size differences. You input will be helpful. Can you post some pictures.

kashif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late, but I run the XXL and the Various 8. The 8 is set to full speed and then, like spiraling said, I adjusted the gate value and everything works great. All-though a do get a gurgle now and then that I'm still messing with.
Hi. I just recently got 750xxl and setting it up with Varios 8. I am having difficulty with my plumbing. On varios pump side, the barb fitting is too big for 1 inch braided pipe. If i go with a bigger braided pipe then its too loose for 750xxl return plumbing. Did you use hard plumbing. How fid you reduce the size differences. You input will be helpful. Can you post some pictures.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back