Reefer g2(425xl V3) soft return tubing recommendation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting my reefer 425 xl tomorrow, what tubing should be used for the return if one is not going to hard plumb? What is the diameter and what type? Will 3/4 work? Silicon or braided nylon? i don't want to do any modifications, just something that will fit and work for this initial setup
Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely silicone - the braided nylon seems to really make any pumps noisier (something about conducting vibrations at just the right frequency). I believe 3/4" or 1" is what you'll need for the barbed adapter that comes with the plumbing.

temphermitcrab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 425 G2 can the entire bulkhead Pump Return Connector (part #42222) still be removed and replaced with part #42221 or can the the barb on the Pump Return Connector unscrew? It's hard to tell on the pictures but it looks like the Pump Return Connector is now glued and can't be replaced. I've read on a number of posts that on the older versions, where there was a single attachment at the bulkhead, the barb would not unscrew but the Pump Return Connector could be replaced allowing it to be modified for hard plumbing without glueing or cutting the original pipes or connectors.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back