Reefer New to Portland Area

David Haldane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've been in the saltwater hobby for about a year now and recently moved to the Portland area (Sandy, Oregon to be exact). I'm looking for fellow reefers in the area and hoping maybe some are active on here! I recently moved my entire coral and fish collection from Iowa to Portland. Due to a lot of really bad dice rolls, I lost all my coral :( but the fish are ok at least. Hoping to find some fellow hobbyists to network with who perhaps have frags to sell in the Portland area, as my group of reefers in Iowa was my main (and cost effective) source of coral.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
source.gif

HarryC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up David! I'm also in sandy OR. I'd love to meet ya sometime. If you want any zoas, grubes gorg, purple sea whip, some rock flower nems I have lots I could frag for ya. I'd love to gift ya some zoa polyps as a welcome to the area. I'll be heading down to the best LFS in the area this friday after work if you're around.
20191202_200718.jpg
20191202_194516.jpg
20191202_100702.jpg
20191202_200841.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Beaverton, and I'm a Board Member of our local aquarists club -- Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society. We have a great group of club members from Oregon & Washington, and hold monthly meetings (usually at area fish/coral stores, but occasionally at member's homes). Our annual holiday meeting is this Saturday down in Salem, with several raffle prizes up for grabs including an Apex, ReeFi LED light, and many other great prizes. We also have monthly raffles for new members to win a free coral frag.

Check us out at http://www.pnwmas.org. Hope to meet you at an upcoming meeting!

IMG_7362.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back