I had a similar problem placing the reefmat 1200. Instead of hanging, I used the legs they provided and it gave me the clearance I needed. Looks like you have a solution, but in case you want to try something else.Removed the filter sock holders and baffles and got the sump layout figured out. I couldn't get the layout I initially wanted without losing the quick filter change feature of the ReefMat and keeping the reservoir. So I went with Red Sea suggested placement for left side door which still worked out. The extra sump space will be filled with Marine pure bio cubes.
I am thinking I could drill the reservoir to convert to a refugium like I have in my 250. I think this may work out better since I'm planning on having sand with macro algae. And, I thought it could be ideal as an isolation tank or even hospital in a pinch since it is a lot bigger than in the 250.
I also got the cabinet lighting installed and liking the way it works. I believe it's is an optical sensor so it's electrical so there's no clicking when it switches on/off. It also plugs right into the under cabinet lighting I got so no wire splicing. I added a master mechanical on/off switch to bypass the sensors completely.
Thinking I will put the tank on and start water leak tests before going any further. Suction cups should be here on Sunday.
Let me know what you guys think so far. Any tips at this stage or if I'm doing something out of order.