OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Being able to monitor the tank today while I’m at work, using Apex Fusion, has been amazing!
I love this controller so much already and I haven’t begun to scratch the surface of its capabilities, which seem endless because Neptune Systems is always coming out with new things to make reefing easier and fun! I’m proud to be a Control Freak and I think my tank is going to appreciate it also!
If any of you other Control Freaks out there have something you think is really cool about the Apex, or want to share how you use your Apex, please share it with me! I’d love to get new ideas and learn new ways to utilize this beast!
I was also wondering about connecting Jebao wavemakers, I see the module and it can connect to (2) wavemakers, and then using a variable speed port it connects to the base unit. My question is, does the power supply for module have to be plugged in to the EB832 to control?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank, congrats on the neptune I got one when I set my new tank up and even though it is a nano tank I love the fusion, combined with my seneye for monitoring things. Wait till you go on a trip, I went skiing for three days over New Years and it was great to see everything was working. One word of advise don't let microbubbles get into the salinity probe it will give you some crazy readings

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank, congrats on the neptune I got one when I set my new tank up and even though it is a nano tank I love the fusion, combined with my seneye for monitoring things. Wait till you go on a trip, I went skiing for three days over New Years and it was great to see everything was working. One word of advise don't let microbubbles get into the salinity probe it will give you some crazy readings

Thanks for the feedback! I love the Apex, I see why everyone says it’s the best money spent now. I’m glad you brought up the micro bubbles, will that affect any other probe? And do you recommend checking the probes for bubbles every few days, or will it be obvious (crazy readings) if the bubbles are affecting it?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had all the probes in my return chamber (it's a small sump so I had space constraints). I also had my ato feed in the return and twice it caused my salinity probe to go crazy and look like my salinity dropped like crazy. Since I moved where the ato feed line is I haven't had an issue.

The only probe with an issue seemed to be the salinity probe. I'm guessing since it reads conductivity air will have a really bad effect on that

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had all the probes in my return chamber (it's a small sump so I had space constraints). I also had my ato feed in the return and twice it caused my salinity probe to go crazy and look like my salinity dropped like crazy. Since I moved where the ato feed line is I haven't had an issue.

The only probe with an issue seemed to be the salinity probe. I'm guessing since it reads conductivity air will have a really bad effect on that

Thanks man, I’ll make sure I check it if I start seeing weird numbers

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good bulb combo. Weren’t you all blue+ at one time? How far off the water are your lights?

I was, I really ran all blue + bc any white in the tank showed the ugly browns and beiges lol. Now that it’s matured some and I’ve gotten rid of the algae. The white shows off the colors a bit more and and looks more realistic. My lights are 9” AWL

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back