A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through the rest of your build, wow really nice work! Can you get me the information for your sump builder? Your thread has a lot of interest for me, If all goes well in late summer I plan on getting a Rimless 140g, 48 x 36 x 22 tank and stand. I will need to modify the stand height by a couple inches and I would like to put the sump under the stand as well. So having someone that can work with me on the sump height might play well for what I have in mind. My tank will be in the basement where I have my original sump for my 120g MD tank upstairs and I have a 34g Rimless Solana tank as well set up in the basement. Really neat build you put together, I like how you said "this build made me slow down" moving slow in the hobby is not a bad thing.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through the rest of your build, wow really nice work! Can you get me the information for your sump builder? Your thread has a lot of interest for me, If all goes well in late summer I plan on getting a Rimless 140g, 48 x 36 x 22 tank and stand. I will need to modify the stand height by a couple inches and I would like to put the sump under the stand as well. So having someone that can work with me on the sump height might play well for what I have in mind. My tank will be in the basement where I have my original sump for my 120g MD tank upstairs and I have a 34g Rimless Solana tank as well set up in the basement. Really neat build you put together, I like how you said "this build made me slow down" moving slow in the hobby is not a bad thing.

Absolutely I will PM you his info!

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll love the T5s. My SPS really took off after switching to them. You can always add some supplemental LEDs later for effect.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice now I don't know much about t5s but they say dimming the bulbs effects the bulb lifetime.

Also if you love the shimmer save up and get some reefbrite xhos

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
589b48440b2109b3b4ca5ee0b0bc76f0.jpg
0cea8bc305c385471d17d6e3056f4693.jpg
Cue the Jaws theme song

londonloco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just transferred my 36"x24"x18" into a DP80 gallon...I used Tropical Eden Grand Select, but I really like the look of your tiles.....especially since there smaller. Def something to remember when I get sick of the algae that forms on my sand...every.single.tank I've ever set up.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just transferred my 36"x24"x18" into a DP80 gallon...I used Tropical Eden Grand Select, but I really like the look of your tiles.....especially since there smaller. Def something to remember when I get sick of the algae that forms on my sand...every.single.tank I've ever set up.

I've never used tiles before, so it'll be a new venture to me. However I did it bc this will be sps dominated and I don't want the sand storm. I may add a little bit of live sand to one side of the tank just for gobies and other organisms dependent on it.

londonloco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a softie tank, and do like the look of sand in my sw and fw tanks.....but the algae that eventually forms is a real eyesore.

I've never used tiles before, so it'll be a new venture to me. However I did it bc this will be sps dominated and I don't want the sand storm. I may add a little bit of live sand to one side of the tank just for gobies and other organisms dependent on it.

If you end up not liking it, it's an easier fix than if you started with sand and decided tile was the way to go.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ReeferMadness80G did you acid wash the tiles? or how you cleaned them in order to not let them leach any phosphates in your water, [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I've been watching your build slowly progress from when I first started lurking her on R2R.
You inspire me with your attention to detail and workmanship.

This build has got me thinking of adding a second shallow reef for an SPS and wrasse only build.
Thank you for sharing your journey.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your stocking plans. I want to get this tank and I’m thinking a trio of dwarf angels maybe a trio of tangs and then my clown fish pair and firefish and then maybe a sixline or something similar

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ReeferMadness80G did you acid wash the tiles? or how you cleaned them in order to not let them leach any phosphates in your water, [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

No, I soaked them in RO water for about 2 months, my coral dealer uses the same thing and that is what he instructed me to do.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I've been watching your build slowly progress from when I first started lurking her on R2R.
You inspire me with your attention to detail and workmanship.

This build has got me thinking of adding a second shallow reef for an SPS and wrasse only build.
Thank you for sharing your journey.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Wow! What a compliment man thank you so much! This build has led me in a lot of different directions as far as style goes, taking my time on it has allowed me to really research and find out what is not only functional, but aesthetically pleasing as well.

Everyone seems to love the way this build has turned out so far, I just hope I don't let you all down with the aquascape! Still don't know what I want to do yet

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011d3b4c197f1ef37e0049aaa01bd34.jpg
decided to go ahead and mount controllers on the outside of this door and use the inside for hiding the wires. I only have one controller right now lol, but there will eventually be wave maker, ATO and possibly Apex controllers.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did the tiles on a little nano I had and eventually took them out because I got a load of detritus between them.
Not sure what you could do to fix it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back