Reefers can brew the world's best coffee !!!

How do you brew your coffee?

• Total voters

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the grinder.

Now to figure out which kettle to get.

And if I should get a pour over set up or a French press or something else.

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keurig... with RO (Not DI) water. My RO filter feeds a 5g pressure tank under the sink, with a drinking water faucet. Feeds the fridge door water and icemaker, as well.

No need to drink DI water... you'll just burn up DI resin. RO water flows back through the DI cart on it's way to my sump closet for ATO and water changes.

I know Keurig isn't the best coffee maker, but since I'm the only person here that drinks coffee, it doesn't make much sense for me to brew a pot. It's quick and easy... that's all I'm really looking for.

I’m the only coffee drinker in my house but I use a Chemex pour over. It takes some time to make the coffee but you can make only one or two cups at a time and the coffee is incredible (if you use a good quality coffee).

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the grinder.

Now to figure out which kettle to get.

And if I should get a pour over set up or a French press or something else.

I use a hario v60 kettle with a thermometer for my pour over and a cheap ge electric kettle to boil the water. I prefer my french press but I enjoy the oils in the coffee and I don’t mind if a grind or two ends up in my cup. The pour over makes a cleaner tasting coffee similar to a regular coffee maker but with a better flavor and not as bitter.

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/hario/buono

A38070AB-CF7E-42E2-917B-3241EE75F4AB.jpeg

1FF1F2B2-E19F-4E84-9ED7-39E3B047B260.jpeg

F2DE66FB-C122-4E68-B017-F732120A0E16.jpeg

Last edited:

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve tried to like espresso shots but I need at least a 16 ounce cup, ha. I had a friend that use to fly over from Italy and she would bring a small electric kettle and make the best espresso I’ve ever had in my life. She would always joke and say American’s made the worst coffee, ha.

17E3FC4F-7A62-43D2-8D61-882F993F54FB.jpeg

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is a gorgeous kettle!

Right now im leaning towards the Bonvita, V60 Carafe, V60 Dripper 02

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ninja coffee bar
Sounds Dangerous
I use a hario v60 kettle with a thermometer for my pour over and a cheap ge electric kettle to boil the water. I prefer my french press but I enjoy the oils in the coffee and I don’t mind if a grind or two ends up in my cup. The pour over makes a cleaner tasting coffee similar to a regular coffee maker but with a better flavor and not as bitter.
Ok I am going try some of these. Now what is the difference of the pourover and a bunn that Pours Hot water over the grounds, I takes 2 Minutes to make a full pot.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds Dangerous

Ok I am going try some of these. Now what is the difference of the pourover and a bunn that Pours Hot water over the grounds, I takes 2 Minutes to make a full pot.

Don't get me wrong I also own a $350 bunn a10 coffee maker. The disadvantages are that it consumes alot of electricity by keeping the water hot 24/7, it’s better used to make a full pot which is a waste if you don’t plan on drinking that much, good beans are expensive and the extraction process happens too fast.

I guess it is an acquired taste as I still prefer the french press over all of them. The review below rated the french press last and in the comments it says “all tasters who used French presses before the experiment continue to use them today” ha!

My wife prefers the pourover over all of them as long as I’m the one making it, ha. Or else she just uses the keurig because it’s the easiest and she is always in a hurry in the morning. I personally would rather go without than use the keurig. To me the keurig is like drinking a bottle of Boone’s Farm compared to a fine wine. :)

http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/features/the-ultimate-coffee-brewer-blind-taste-test

20180114_054147.jpg

Last edited:

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Prime in my coffee as a creamer :rolleyes: haha!
Actually I use tap water filtered through a Zerowater filter which gives me .000TDS for both my coffee and tank water.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer something that pours a bit slower. It's much better for pourover:
Stagg-EKG-hero-shot.jpg

http://fellowproducts.com/shop/staggekg/

But the Bonavita is a much better deal:
https://smile.amazon.com/Bonavita-D...d=1515908733&sr=1-19&keywords=electric+kettle
It'll pour as slow or fast as I want it to. The stream isn't as focused but do we really need perfect spirals? We're talking about pouring water over a bed of coffee. You can put the Simplex in your will for your grandchildren.

ReeFlow89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ro water for my coffee, cooking, cleaning, 2 freshwater cichlid tanks and of course for our rabbit as well.

Rodi is for my 2 salt tanks water changes and ato only.

mwrobers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried to like espresso shots but I need at least a 16 ounce cup, ha. I had a friend that use to fly over from Italy and she would bring a small electric kettle and make the best espresso I’ve ever had in my life. She would always joke and say American’s made the worst coffee, ha.

17E3FC4F-7A62-43D2-8D61-882F993F54FB.jpeg

Interesting...I'm getting a Bialetti espresso for some variety. Boss has one at the office. Cost/taste/value is excellent!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting...I'm getting a Bialetti espresso for some variety. Boss has one at the office. Cost/taste/value is excellent!
I have a one cup and a three cup. They are great little coffee makers. Never wash it with soap. Just a good rinse with hot water and wipe out with a paper towel. I also leave them disassembled or they get musty inside.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back