Reefers can brew the world's best coffee !!!

How do you brew your coffee?

• Total voters
U

User1

View Badges
I've thought about getting one of these buy I can't get past the plastic. Aluminum or stainless steel and I'd pick one up...

pjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased a new machine a few months ago. The brand may surprise you but it's been great.

it's a Mr Coffee "cafe barista" which included a chamber for milk so it will make cappuccino and latte blends to your frothy desires. Espresso is quite decent too!
acf066c4888573dc566358c3505aa89e.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for another cup.
Playing with my new phone; this is my coffee pot(cabinet) at work, I'm here almost every day and 12 hours for most of them. that's probably my 5th or 6th Bunn over the years. I get 2-3+ years out of them and as you can see Folgers colombian is my go-to. I have a keurig but I don't care for it and as a result I probably drink too much.
20180517_164717.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keurig... with RO (Not DI) water. My RO filter feeds a 5g pressure tank under the sink, with a drinking water faucet. Feeds the fridge door water and icemaker, as well.

No need to drink DI water... you'll just burn up DI resin. RO water flows back through the DI cart on it's way to my sump closet for ATO and water changes.

I know Keurig isn't the best coffee maker, but since I'm the only person here that drinks coffee, it doesn't make much sense for me to brew a pot. It's quick and easy... that's all I'm really looking for.

Get an aeropress, French press or a hario v60. I use the hario. They ask make single cups and will taste infinitely better than a Keurig and won't contribute to plastic waste in the ocean. They are all pretty cheap options too

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I blow away guests to my house, not with my DT, but my outstanding coffee !!!
I use RODI water and an AeroPress coffee maker, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroPress.

This is just so versatile. I can do an expresso shot, filtered coffee, play with any parameters like I see fit, why - reminds me so much of reefing !!!

Any other coffee fanatics? Have you tried using RODI water? If not, try it ASAP!

• I use the inverted method - I like strong black coffee - sweetened with real Maple sirup
  • No more wasted coffee
  • Can be used for tea also

Some videos !!!

It never occurred to me, but I’m going to do it in the morning.

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never noticed RO water tasting different for coffee but I do use it to brew beer.

My skimmate looks like coffee, but haven't tried it yet.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Water is the primary ingredient of coffee, so making sure your water is quality in your coffee makes total sense. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back